Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Power Windows or Manual?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rubimon, you made my me & my wife's day with statement.....
By the way, my daughter loves the winding thing on my son's TJ. I guess because she has never really seen one before. "Oh cool, it's got a windee thing, can I wind it please. please!" too cute)))
We have a Granddaughter and you brought back some great memories when she was just like that.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Ya, they all lock,............. I just programed "all" my doors to open on (1) one push of the keyless control. Then I checked it and all the doors plus tail gate was locked, when pushed to open all doors, the tail gate opened also. I hated to push the button 2 times to open for my Granddaughter, so thats fixed.
(Just hold down lock button for more than 4 seconds but no longer than 10 seconds, then push unlock botton down at the same time, then release both at the same time.. done).
Allrighty. Thanks to my inability to follow directions, I have set my remote to lock & arm with a single push of the button. I held down the unlock button for more than 4 seconds (less than 10) then released & pressed the lock button.
I also tried reversing the buttons as neither one of these combos caused the unlocking behavior I was looking for. Not sure which one did the switch.
I did get it to do what you where describing on the third try. You know what they say.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by nam6869usmc
Rubimon, you made my me & my wife's day with statement.....
By the way, my daughter loves the winding thing on my son's TJ. I guess because she has never really seen one before. "Oh cool, it's got a windee thing, can I wind it please. please!" too cute)))
We have a Granddaughter and you brought back some great memories when she was just like that.
I know, it gave me a chuckle too. I might get her an old b&w tv with a pair of vice grips where the knob used to be and have her change channels with that for a while. Maybe she'll get excited about that too!lol
Old 10-04-2006, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I know, it gave me a chuckle too. I might get her an old b&w tv with a pair of vice grips where the knob used to be and have her change channels with that for a while. Maybe she'll get excited about that too!lol
When I tell my kids that I had to get up and walk across the room to change the channel they wonder where I parked my dinosaur.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:05 PM
JK Jedi

When they handed my son the keys to the 06 Wrangler he looked at me with confusion, "Where are the little chirper things". I cracked up and said "This is a Jeep baby, not a luxury car." We both laughed. I guess he should have waited a year.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Another thought on the power window/lock subject.

What about the mirrors? It seems odd that you can have power windows and door locks, but still have to adjust your mirror the old fashioned way. Do Wranglers all have power mirrors now too?

Andrew
Old 10-05-2006, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Nope, still manual. My guess is that they knew that a bunch of people would still be moving the mirrors so they can use them without the doors. Power mirrors would make that a bit tough.

Quick Reply: Power Windows or Manual?