Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Production numbers by paint color?

Old 01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Production numbers by paint color?

Anyone know how to get production numbers by paint color? As my handle infers, I have a 2011 70th Anniversary JKU in Bronze Star Pearlcoat and I've only seen one JK and one other JKU in the SE Virginia area since I bought it new in March 2011. The salesman told me "about 9000" we're made but that was off the cuff and I wasn't really paying attention to what else he was saying as we were test driving what would become my new Jeep! Thanks!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by '11BronzeStar70th
Anyone know how to get production numbers by paint color? As my handle infers, I have a 2011 70th Anniversary JKU in Bronze Star Pearlcoat and I've only seen one JK and one other JKU in the SE Virginia area since I bought it new in March 2011. The salesman told me "about 9000" we're made but that was off the cuff and I wasn't really paying attention to what else he was saying as we were test driving what would become my new Jeep! Thanks!
You might be able to contact Jeep, the paint code is PUK

I will say that it is likely MUCH lower than 9,000. The color was only produced for a very short time that year.Why? The paint contained the pigment Xirallic that went out of supply for most of the model year due to the Fukushima meltdown. I would be shocked if there are much more than 1-2,000 jks in this color. I have seen 2 in person and maybe 15 on the internet.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. There are several threads on this subject on the various JK/Jeep/Wrangler forums and I was just curious on the rarity of this color. I know there's an opinion held by many that the cost of these "one off" production units doesn't outweigh the options installed. Personally, I bought mine because I try to embrace the different and I liked the symbology of the package - 70th anniversary badging, the color "Bronze Star", the OD Green background on the gages, the military ribbon inserts in the seats... It all spoke to me as a former member of the military. I don't have a lot of $$ to make my Jeep look different by adding bumpers, lift, tires, & wheels so this was a good avenue for me, knowing it could be collectible due to limited production runs. Yes, the cost of it was higher than the standard JKU Sahara but, without owner customization, and in no way do I mean this as a dig towards any fellow owner, they're pretty much the same as the next one.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Production numbers by paint color?