Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Quadratec= bad customer service

Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pghchamp
cheaper parts and shipping on other websites, qtec lost me to bad customer service and prices
You do know they price match right?
Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thitalian97
back in june in ordered the eibach lift level coil kit. as of today i still havent received them. its been two months now. everytime i try to get an answer from Quadratec i am told the same thing. we're getting them in this week. they've been telling me that for the past 4 weeks now. theres no reimbursement for waiting this long. someone at Quadratec has seriously dropped the ball. as much as i like some of quadratecs products i seriously doubt ill be ordering from them again anytime soon
These lift kits are being made specifically for Quadratec only. The delay that we are having is with Eibach's production side. Everytime a customer inquires with us, we call them and then reiterate that exact information back to you. I apologize that you kept getting the same week after week delivery information, but honestly, that is exactly what Eibach has been saying to us. We call them at least 4 times a week on top of emails as well, still getting the "you'll have them next week." reply. We can't get an explanation as to why, but we are only passing along the information that we have received from the source.

Originally Posted by codysanders
you can always return it and get charged a 20% restocking fee for a item you never got and they don't have to restock. that was my last straw with them after i was told it was in stock. i would just get as much money back as possible and order what you want from northridge 4x4. if he doesn't have it look at other options. i would do that anyway but that is a whole different thread on lift kits.
Quadratec does not charge a restocking fee on any return that is within the 30 day return policy date. And usually, even if it comes in after the 30'th day and its unused, we still refund you the full cost of the product. Perhaps you were mistaking the shipping charges not being refunded, as they are stated to be a non-refundable charge on returned items. If you feel that you were charged a restocking fee, please PM me your account information and I'll take a look for you.

Originally Posted by BADBOY-RUBICON
As I've said...I will NEVER use Quadratec again. They shipped me wrong cover for my Jeep...twice! Finally I told 'em to cancel order and refund my money. Joe at the company said he was gonna try the cover on the jeep...HELLO! YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME TELL YOU IT DIDN'T FIT?!?!

Never heard back whether that cover fit or not! LOL!
I replied to you on the Wrangler Forums about your cover. The manufacturer specifically told me over the phone that the cover would fit. The cover "fits", it just doesn't fit well. So we pulled it, took pictures, notified Rampage and changed information in our computer system as needed. I apologize if my messages on the other forum didn't go through, but I can assure you that they were sent.

Originally Posted by 07jeepX
Joe has done nothing for me..., I ordered the AEV hood and have been waiting almost 9 weeks for it. Joe will not answer ant of my e-mails and to be honest I am thinking of canceling my order. Joe has told me ( it will be 10 more days) twice already and guess what...,, it's not here yet. I was also told that I would be compensated for my wait. We will see what happens but I am not really expecting anything.
I do not recall ever receiving an order from you through the forum. I tried to search your forum name as I use them to document my orders so that I can retrieve them easier. If you could please PM me your account information I'll take a look and see whats going on. We have several Joe's that work here, perhaps you have been corresponding with one of them. I'd like to take a look however and get you some information regarding the hood.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

-Joe
Old 08-24-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07jeepX
Joe has done nothing for me..., I ordered the AEV hood and have been waiting almost 9 weeks for it. Joe will not answer ant of my e-mails and to be honest I am thinking of canceling my order. Joe has told me ( it will be 10 more days) twice already and guess what...,, it's not here yet. I was also told that I would be compensated for my wait. We will see what happens but I am not really expecting anything.
Thats odd. 3 weeks ago I ordered an AEV hood from Joe, he knocked off $50 from the price and reduced the freight shipping charge by about 75% and it was delivered to the body shop the next day.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't fault the company that you ordered from because they can't get stuff from their suppliers. I work in a buying field and sometimes the suppliers just screw you. They keep telling you its coming in so you don't cancel, so you pass that along to your customers.

Its like going out to eat and their is a problem in the kitchen. The waitress can't help that the people cooking are messing everything up. All she can do is tell you what they tell her, its on its way.

I have don't business is Quadratec and have nothing but good things to say about them. Shipping has always been fast and free. $21 shipping to HI doesn't sound too bad. You have to take a boat or a plane over to get there.

With the economy the way it is I would expect to see A LOT of stuff back-ordered. Companies are selling less stuff so they are producing less.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I have ordered a couple times from Quadratec through thier web site. Did not have any problems, although the items were not exotic stuff.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Joe, I can repsect the position that you're in. However, this whole thing has been more than irritating. This isn't a small $30 or $40 order. This is an order that with shipping included is at just over $300. Thats a big purchase that I havent seen yet. I have parts at home that are just sitting around waiting for this order to come in. I can understand something being on backorder. I get that. But for 2 months? And no one know when the shipment will arrive? I would like to think that Quadratec would realize that theres a problem and cancel the orders and let the buyers know of the situation. Instead, like you mentioned, I receive the same 'wait another week' line. Not once have I been contacted by Quadratec. I have always been the one to have to initiate the conversation. There has not been one mention of being compensated either by reduction in price or shipping due to the extended wait. I feel that I have been more than patient in this matter.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered a lift ome. 2.5 and Joe was a great help. I was totally oblivious on what lift to get. And the online chat guys all came back with the same answers and were very helpful. Even Joe answered te questions I asked a few times over.
About shipping I won't know till it comes in. I'm hoping the experience is good with quadratec. Cause I love the website. And can see my self ordering a lot more from them. It took a few days to get the order going. But that was partly my fault to. And Joe gladly explained
So far so good Joe. Keep up the good work
Old 08-24-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Carlooch
I just ordered a lift ome. 2.5 and Joe was a great help. I was totally oblivious on what lift to get. And the online chat guys all came back with the same answers and were very helpful. Even Joe answered te questions I asked a few times over.
About shipping I won't know till it comes in. I'm hoping the experience is good with quadratec. Cause I love the website. And can see my self ordering a lot more from them. It took a few days to get the order going. But that was partly my fault to. And Joe gladly explained
So far so good Joe. Keep up the good work
I felt the same way about their website out of all the off-road websites out their they have the most user friendly until I had my run in with them
Old 08-24-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rterese12

I felt the same way about their website out of all the off-road websites out their they have the most user friendly until I had my run in with them
I hear ya. And like a few other posts said. Sometimes u get screwed. It's happened to me before. And if it does happen this time. Road trip to good old PA. haha.
I got no concerns. First time buyer. I'll let you know how t goes
Old 08-24-2011, 04:14 PM
JK Junkie

I ordered a couple things from quad and got it in 3 days....

Quick Reply: Quadratec= bad customer service