Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Question on different lift brands

Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on different lift brands

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in, lets say... OME vs TaraFlex vs Rough Country 2.5 lifts?
Here's my concern... I purchase 2.5 Coilsprings with 2.2 Shocks from RC. I have been looking at pics and it almost looks like (in pics) that you can barely even see a difference in RC vs OME and TaraFlex. Is this just the way pics were shot. Because now Im concerned to when I do install it on Friday, will I be disappointed?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by time2getwheelin
Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in, lets say... OME vs TaraFlex vs Rough Country 2.5 lifts?
Here's my concern... I purchase 2.5 Coilsprings with 2.2 Shocks from RC. I have been looking at pics and it almost looks like (in pics) that you can barely even see a difference in RC vs OME and TaraFlex. Is this just the way pics were shot. Because now Im concerned to when I do install it on Friday, will I be disappointed?

Thanks
TeraFlex kits tend to be more complete than other brands. Take a look here http://www.teraflex.biz/
Old 03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been looking at these for a while. Teraflex is the most complete..ie they have different kits with shock extenders (keep OEM shocks), a rear trackbar relocation bracket, brake line extenders and longer rear sway bar disconnects. RC has different options as well but don't come with the sway bar links (can be purchased separately) or the brake line extenders. I must confess I am not certain of OMEs setup. Now, all the info is for the BBs. When it comes to coil replacement 2.5in, again Teraflex has more options to fit your desires and budget and they still have more "complete" kits as far as the brakeline extenders and trackbar relocation bracket. There is some difference of opinion as to whether or not a relocation bracket is needed on 2.5 in of lift but I ascribe to the the adage of better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I don't know if I answered any of your questions, but good luck...take pictures...and you can get TeraFlex and OME stuff from David at Northridge for cheaper than on the vendors websites...as for RC...do a google search.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks
I think that it's just the way the photos are taken. Just from a visual perspective, 2.5" lifts look the same. Did you already make your purchase?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Yeh I already purchased it and will be here Friday..
Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeh I already purchased it and will be here Friday..
Then don't doubt yourself. It will give you the same look as any other and if it's lacking something that you want, (track bars, sway bar links, etc) just add it later.

Quick Reply: Question on different lift brands