Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rain rain rain

Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain rain rain

Haven't been rained on topless as of yet but does it do any damage? What about the dash (radio, cluster ec)?

Dono
Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

havent had any problems yet with it, id say the jeep is pretty well made id just try not to drench the radio. i usually have a towel that il put over it when im parked or what ever or to just wipe it off. everything else is not a problem i did notice this is the only way to really get those carpets back to factory clean have fun
Old 06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

Happened to me today and it sat for 2 hours till I got out of class drove it home then dried everything and will say no problems with it whatsoever and its the cleanest it's been since I bought it the first time
Old 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

What about the leather seats? Anyone have theirs get drenched?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default rained without my top.

Originally Posted by Riptide
Got caught in a down poor last summer while topless (probably the hardest I've seen it rain in a long ass time). It shorted out the stereo. It was 2 stretches that each lasted 20-25 minutes.

I pulled the top cover and allowed it to dry out a bit. That corrected the issues (couldn't skip songs - everything turned it off/on). However my light on the on/off button was always an issue - even 6 mths later. Would always blink on/off - it was slow, and most wouldn't have noticed it.

Partly because of this, when I ordered the 2012 JKUR I passed on the Nav stereo.
it rained alot here in colorado springs, co, and it caught me with the top down, my wipers wont turn off, and my signal lights wont turn on, i had to pull the wiper fuse to get them to turn off but as soon as i put it back in, they turn on, not sure what is causing that. also my headlight stay on all the time and i know for sure i dont have daytime running lights. they wont turn off, every thing in my dash works exept the lights i checked all the fusses and they are good, may have to go to the stealership.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Haven't gotten caught yet in heavy rain, I've gotten rained on by light rain but it was nothing the spiderweb shade couldn't handle.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

I got stuck in a heavy downpour the first time I had the freedom panels off. Ran out and put them on. Let everything dry out and haven't had an issue with anything so far.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CPSOX
What about the leather seats? Anyone have theirs get drenched?
I was wondering the same thing?
I have contemplated going with leather in my next JK, but I have got caught in the rain a few times.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eric5371

I was wondering the same thing?
I have contemplated going with leather in my next JK, but I have got caught in the rain a few times.
I got my leather seats drenched. No problem with them after they dried out

Quick Reply: Rain rain rain