JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Removing doors... (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/removing-doors-8116/)

Jeeperson 05-14-2007 10:31 AM

Removing doors...

Anybody know if the JK suppose to come with a HEX wrench to take off the doors/lower windshield or do you have to go buy that wrench??

PJRedd 05-14-2007 10:34 AM

For the doors, it's a T-50, and you'll need to buy it. Not sure which size the windshield is, haven't done that yet. Just get a set of torx bits that go up to the T-50 and you'll be covered.

HappyCurmudgeon 05-14-2007 10:40 AM

T-40 for the windscreen, so says the manual anyhow.

neil17 05-14-2007 04:29 PM

I have a JK sahara unlimited and i just took my doors off a few minutes ago. Its definitely a T50. The T40 is for removing the freedom top. I got a set at Auto Zone for $10 bucks that had a T40 all the way to T60. The only downer is now I have 4 other Torx wrenches that will not be used...

or you can buy the sizes you want seperately, but that's gonna cost almost $5 bucks a head. Just look around your local auto stores and you might find a better deal than me.

possumface 05-14-2007 04:33 PM

home depot for mine, doors are kinda heavy i think they put a brick in them :D

FRDesign 05-14-2007 06:24 PM

how do you take the electrical thing off?

Robar 05-14-2007 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by FRDesign (Post 84894)
how do you take the electrical thing off?

You have to slide the red lock over, then pinch the plug and pull at the same time. You may have to wiggle it a bit to get it off.

4EverLSU 05-14-2007 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jeeperson (Post 84529)
Anybody know if the JK suppose to come with a HEX wrench to take off the doors/lower windshield or do you have to go buy that wrench??

Does your Jeep come with a wrench to take off the oil filter, or unplug the oil pan? Why would it come with a tool to take the doors off? Get a good set of sockets, metric and english, and buy a set of torx sockets with the same drive.

Renegade 05-15-2007 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by 4EverLSU (Post 84907)
Does your Jeep come with a wrench to take off the oil filter, or unplug the oil pan? Why would it come with a tool to take the doors off? Get a good set of sockets, metric and english, and buy a set of torx sockets with the same drive.

Good point, but don't let the factory hear you say that. They might decide to take our jack and lug wrench away from us like they did the under hood light.

rupedog 05-15-2007 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Renegade (Post 85046)
Good point, but don't let the factory hear you say that. They might decide to take our jack and lug wrench away from us like they did the under hood light.

:rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: