JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Rescue Green discontinued! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/rescue-green-discontinued-3044/)

siderail88 02-08-2007 07:26 AM

Rescue Green discontinued!

Got some inside information today that Jeep will be discontinuing Rescue Green, and that the last orders will be taken on March 14th! :sad: This came from a very good source. They are planning on introducing a new color called “Detonator Yellow” that will be available in early May. If you like the Rescue Green, get your order in now, and make sure the dealership has an allocation for a Wrangler, so it gets accepted for order before the 14th! Like the idea of having a Yellow, but didn't know Rescue Green would be the color to be sacrificed.

wayoflife 02-08-2007 07:58 AM

Sorry guys, I was trying to move things around and accidentally deleted a couple of responses :embarrased:

JPRS51 02-08-2007 08:04 AM

I got the email this morning from the factory. Detonator Yellow it is. With current allocation and build-out, I doubt anyone will get an order built that isn't already allocated and in D status.

Area-51 02-08-2007 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by wayoflife (Post 28862)
Sorry guys, I was trying to move things around and accidentally deleted a couple of responses :embarrased:

Yes, you did, so I will try to recreate my response.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wah: :banghead:

I SO wanted a yellow Jeep when I ordered, but it was not an option.

NOW, on the VERY day I finally move to D status, here is the announcement that they are coming out with a yellow.

So Don, what ARE my chances that they could just go ahead and "mispaint" my Jeep Green with the new Detonator Yellow as a "test run"?

Okay, didn't think so. And at this point, I am not sure I could endure yet another 3-5 month wait on ordering again just to get it in Detonator Yellow.

Oh well,

doojer 02-08-2007 08:55 AM

Wow-- very cool for the Rescue Green folks to have a sort of "limited edition" factory paint job.... and very cool to see "Detonator Yellow" making it's JK debut! I'm looking forward to seeing one of the new yellow JKs :yup:

And, Area-51-- Jeep Green is still the coolest color available ;) :toung:... but if you really want an out, you can check for missing paint behind your hinges and under your cowl when it gets delivered and request a repaint... in Detonator Yellow :D Not sure it would fly, but it's worth a shot!

ROKLIMO 02-08-2007 10:35 AM

That sucks...Mine has been on order for 10 weeks now, and is in BX status, and I really don't care for the other colors.:angry:

My dealer is checking on it.:naw:

Piginajeep 02-08-2007 12:22 PM

I'm thrilled!!!!

heheh.. I like having one of the rare colors.

Was rescue green not selling? Why not just add Yellow as another option?

Ge99ne 02-08-2007 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Piginajeep (Post 29015)
I'm thrilled!!!!

heheh.. I like having one of the rare colors.

Was rescue green not selling? Why not just add Yellow as another option?

I like rescue too. I'm not color loyal at all when it comes to cars. There were 2 on the lot when I test drove. I test drove teh green one frst, since I liked the color.I came home with the one with options that fit my needs better overall. So now I drive a greystone Jeep. I guess I'm more compulsive than picky.:rollingeyes:

Rubidozer 02-08-2007 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee (Post 28869)
I got the email this morning from the factory. Detonator Yellow it is. With current allocation and build-out, I doubt anyone will get an order built that isn't already allocated and in D status.

Does this mean that since mine is currently in BX status, that I may not get Rescue Green? I ordered on 1-23-07...

007divegirl 02-08-2007 05:18 PM

Wait a dang minute!!!

I doubt anyone will get an order built that isn't already allocated and in D status.
Please someone tell me that if we are sitting in BG status that they can't just cancel our orders flat out!

Should we change our color choice now to something other than rescue green? I don't want to start this waiting game all over again from scratch if they cancel the order because THEY decided to discontinue the color!