Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rock Krawler Vendor help please

Old 12-31-2017, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler Vendor help please

I’m looking at the JK35MT-2 3.5 max travel lift from Rock Krawler. If they make a 2.5 (which they do just cant remember part number) I will definately consider that as well.

My project is a 2014 JK 2 door sport with 3.21’s (blah-future upgrades) mainly highway driven (daily driver) with some forest trails, mud and sand although 2weeks out of the year I will be making my own trail through some heavy rock area’s/forest that will definately put the winch to the test. Lockers front and rear, 33’s/35’s 3.73 or 4.10’s are in my future build.

My local vendor who I do respect (No names mentioned as I’m not trying to start a pissing match) did not have any nice things to say about the business ettiqite of Rock Krawler. After a fair bit of reasearch I’m still interested in this kit. I’m looking for some Vendors of RK products that are willing to ship to a Northern Brother (read Canada).

I am curious about shipping times, shipping costs, duties etc. Also want to know the relationship you have with Rock krawler in the event of any warranties needed. How long it will take to get parts if I destroys something out of misuse/abuse/neglect etc.

I was told it took 8months for my store to get an RK lift in previously......this is why these questions are being asked. Any RK Reps or dealer’s are welcome to join this topic.

Thanks Joe
Old 12-31-2017, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Maybe I didn’t look hard enough but I couldnt seem to find any local distributors/vendors in Canada.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You can be interested in the kit but it will let you down long-term. I have their coils and I'm consistently disappointed.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the heads up Karl ��. I am still interested though.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the heads up Karl. Still interested.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:54 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would listen to your local vendor. We just did a RK lift on a customers ride and it took 6 weeks to get. I was not at all impressed by the quality of components or the ride. There is a review on this site if you want to read it. Its your money and your jeep though. According to their website they have the 2.5" max travel in three flavors which basically differ what shocks you want and if you want bump stops or not. Northridge 4x4 has a Canada branch and list the RK lifts. https://www.northridge4x4.ca/part/2-...ystem-lift-kit
Rock Krawler has a 1 year warrantee with lots of disclaimers and it is up to them to cover things out of that time frame. Being in Canada I doubt they have to legally cover anything. Here is a link to it. They are known to cover stuff out of warranty if you get on the forums and bitch about it.Rock Krawler Suspension
They pride themselves on customer service. I would rather buy from a company you never have to use customer service but that is just me.
Here is a link to their retailers page. Rock Krawler Suspension
As far as replacement parts it depends on the part since they do buy parts from other companies and simply stuff it in their box, so if they don't actually make it you may have to wait on a production run from someone else.
Good luck with your build and welcome to the forum.
BTW what size tires are you looking to run?
Old 12-31-2017, 07:03 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Looks like northridge 4x4 is about 60 miles south of you in Ponoka.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

I am looking at 33’s or 35’s. Currently on 275/65/18 BFG at KO2s so approximately 32”. This summer when I head into the bush will tell me if I need 35’s or not.

I did read your post on lifts dirtman, and did find it interesting. Also thank you kindly for the Northridge link. When I followed the links through the RK site it sent me to the US site.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

If you are looking at a 2.5-3.5" lift I would just go to 35's and 4.56 gears. Wheels with 4.5" of less back spacing. Do it once and done. Add some lockers in the mix and you will be solid on the trail. The rock krawler thread is an entertaining read. The jkowners thread one is better but no photos.5.5" RK Trail Gunner kit install review. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Have a happy new year.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Reptillian
I’m looking at the JK35MT-2 3.5 max travel lift from Rock Krawler. If they make a 2.5 (which they do just cant remember part number) I will definately consider that as well.

My project is a 2014 JK 2 door sport with 3.21’s (blah-future upgrades) mainly highway driven (daily driver) with some forest trails, mud and sand although 2weeks out of the year I will be making my own trail through some heavy rock area’s/forest that will definately put the winch to the test. Lockers front and rear, 33’s/35’s 3.73 or 4.10’s are in my future build.

My local vendor who I do respect (No names mentioned as I’m not trying to start a pissing match) did not have any nice things to say about the business ettiqite of Rock Krawler. After a fair bit of reasearch I’m still interested in this kit. I’m looking for some Vendors of RK products that are willing to ship to a Northern Brother (read Canada).

I am curious about shipping times, shipping costs, duties etc. Also want to know the relationship you have with Rock krawler in the event of any warranties needed. How long it will take to get parts if I destroys something out of misuse/abuse/neglect etc.

I was told it took 8months for my store to get an RK lift in previously......this is why these questions are being asked. Any RK Reps or dealer’s are welcome to join this topic.

Thanks Joe
We have sold many Rock Krawler lifts and I've not heard of many issues with them. In fact, all of the people that I have talked to that run their lifts have been very happy. As Dirtman said, we do have a store in Ponoka, AB and currently have all of the components in stock for either the 2.5 or 3.5 Max Travel lift. We try to keep RK in stock all the time. As far as warranty goes, parts like bushings, hardware, brake lines, heim joints, coil springs and shocks are covered for 1 year, and really can't be covered longer as they are items that will and do wear over time. All Rock Krawler "Hard" parts(control arms, track bars) come with their Abuse Proof lifetime warranty, which covers breaks, bends or cracks.

If you would like more information about the kits, or other options or opinions, feel free to give our Canadian branch a call, @ 888-370-0619. Stan or Marcell up there will be happy to help you out!

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Vendor help please