Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Roof Rack Mounting

Old 06-27-2017, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof Rack Mounting

Greetings,

I have a 2015 JK 2 door soft top. I am looking at building a roof cargo rack and was curious if anyone knew the best way to mount the rack. I really don't want to spend a lot of money for a mounting system. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put a hinge near the rear so you can tilt it back and still take the top on or off
Old 07-06-2017, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For a cage style roof rack: The front of the Jeep, the best place to mount is right on all the windshield bolts at the bottom of the windshield frame, then run a support up above to the top of the roofline. The rear of the Jeep the two popular places is the rear of the frame using the bumper mounts and for body mounting installing reinforcement by the tail lights.

For a hard top style kit, teraflex and rhino rack mount through the hard top to the roll bar and through reinforcement to the hard top bolts.

For light loads people just use the Thule rain gutter mount.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack Mounting