Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon decals

Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon decals

Is anyone willing to tell where on the hood do the decals go how for from back of hood and how far up from bottom.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TKStommy
Is anyone willing to tell where on the hood do the decals go how for from back of hood and how far up from bottom.
I'll take pics and measurements Thurs. Someone will probably post them sooner.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Yes and I'm sure alot of people won't agree with it. I like the looks of the Rubicon .I did not buy one because I can not afford to pay 30k for a car to drive on the weekend and I really don't need one. Wheel's and tire's with some gear's and maybe some locker's will be more than I will need and maybe a small lift. SO for now I'm adding Rubicon wheel's and tire's with decal's
Old 10-03-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes and I'm sure alot of people won't agree with it. I like the looks of the Rubicon .I did not buy one because I can not afford to pay 30k for a car to drive on the weekend and I really don't need one. Wheel's and tire's with some gear's and maybe some locker's will be more than I will need and maybe a small lift. SO for now I'm adding Rubicon wheel's and tire's with decal's
I don't see any problem with that, but I've got a feeling your gonna' have at least one rubi owner threaten court action!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sorry but most people will agree with me on this.. thats super cheesy...
It's not a Rubicon...so why put the decals on it? Theres much more to a Rubicon than a few bells and whistles..they are different in many ways including interiors etc...
Don't do it or you'll be called a cheese ball like the guy in Vancouver here who put Rubicon decals on his Liberty!!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs down

Old 10-03-2007, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Do what you want.....it's your Jeep, you paid for it, put whatever decals you want on it. It's not a Rubicon, but you can make it look just like one with the right stuff and I doubt anyone will know the difference just by looking. I'm sort of in the same boat...if I could afford a $30,000 Jeep then I would've bought one. But I can't, and the X will do anything I need it to do for ALOT less money. So, why not make it look like the more expensive one that you wanted but couldn't afford? It's sort of like people who buy V6 Mustang's and make em look like GT's....nothing wrong with that in my book.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SDMF
Be proud of the jeep you have.
x2. I'm a proud X owner!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

I guess I'm just the opposite. I have an X, so I never had Rubicon stickers, but I pulled all of my stickers off including the Trail Rated badge.
But it is your Jeep, so don't feel bad about doing what you want with it. Goodness knows no one else is helping you with the payments.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is the most cheesy, poser, wanna be thing I have ever heard of !!!!!!!!!
And to hell with that "it's your jeep, do what you want" stuff. You bought what you bought, drive it and enjoy it and don't pretend it's something it's not. Oh and by the way

Quick Reply: Rubicon decals