Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon decals

Old 10-03-2007, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
The easiest (and less humiliating) way is to go to the dealer or find a Rubicon somewhere and measure it yourself. Saves you some of the grief.
Eh, save yourself the hassle of dealing with decals... And save yourself the humiliation too. Go out, find a rubicon.... and swap the hoods... Not quite stealing, not quite sharing.... all I know is you have a new hood, with factory installed decals....

(DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT CONDONE THIS... I REPEAT: THIS IS JUST A JOKE DO NOT DO THIS END DISCLAIMER NOW.)
Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-KJ
The easiest (and less humiliating) way is to go to the dealer or find a Rubicon somewhere and measure it yourself. Saves you some of the grief.
But now everyone knows your going to have Rubicon stickers and only have an X.

Your shocks (not red) will be a dead giveaway).
Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FunN4Lo
But now everyone knows your going to have Rubicon stickers and only have an X.

Your shocks (not red) will be a dead giveaway).

So....who cares?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Jedi

Just so your stickers say "RUBICON" and not "RUBIMON"! That could cause legal action!

Hey, if you lived in So Cal I would sell you my Rubicon springs and red shocks, then it would be even harder to tell.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by toad
Hey! I have rubi shocks..but I'm happy with my X. I LOVE my X. In fact, I love it so much, I'm KEEPING the X on it I'm being different by keeping my stickers . Although, I'll probably remove the X, place my JK sticker there and put a new and improved X underneath the wrangler
Yeh, but you also paint your fingernails "Rescue Green"!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

dang this guy just asked one question. now its on its 4th page. sad sad story. sorry dude if your takin this badly.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can someone just give him the measurements?

Man, you should probably just go down to your local dealership and take the measurements yourself. It doesn't look like anyone is going to help you out.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 AM
JK Newbie

Well, let him put the Rubicon decal. Probably he'll remove them in few months. I get a lot of "wow, you've got a Rubicon!?" from other Jeepers and non-Jeepers (many non-Jeepers think Rubicons are totally different animal). If he gets a lot of "wow, you've got a Rubicon?" I think he'd be embarrased since it really isn't a Rubi. What is he going to say? "Yeah!"... then he'd better hope the person asked doesn't know much about it. I mean anyone who's into Jeep thing would know it's not. If he say "No...",... the person probably would say something like "Then, why it says Rubicon?" Either way, it's embarrasing in my opinion... I don't know how he can feel better faking it.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:12 AM
JK Newbie

Obviously, he's very naive. I mean he should know how people react here (or anywhere on the internet). If I were him, I'd say something like "Some asshole peeled off my Rubicon stickers while I was parking in downtown. Now I need to replace them, and I need to know the measurements." He shouldn't have given the honest answer. He's basically asking for it.

He probably got the measurements by now if he acted he has a Rubicon. Instead, he was very honest and got all the crap (incl. from me). Use the internet wisely!

Last edited by jay kay nocibur; 10-04-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:45 AM
JK Jedi

Dude, the letters start 5 1/8" from the hood latch. They are 1 1/4" tall and range from2 3/8 -3/4 wide, except of course the I. They are spaced 3/4" apart and the whole word is about 20 1/4" long. It is a 1/2" from the bottom.

Hope that helps!

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Rubicon decals