Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon Trail And a Stock 4 Door Rubicon?

Old 06-16-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just be prepared to go slow, maybe use a spotter and stack rocks. Stacking rocks is how the low clearance stockers get through. Also, the outrigger style sliders would provide better protection for your doors(unless you plan to leave them off obviously)
Old 06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Make it at Rubicon Trail

Hi everyone,

Last weekend (June 20,21 and 22), my brother and I drove from Bay area to Loon Lake.

My jeep made it from Loon Lake to Tahoe one way direction at Rubicon Trail.

Yes, I was shocked that I did it!!! Tough obstacles however my jeep handles well with rock-crawling. Amazing!!! Only twice got stuck but mange to get out due to not enough high clearnace.

I think that the Rubicon Stock with four door will be very diffcult therefore need bigger tire and lift. What I have modified jeep - see below my signature. Plan to 1-inch Body Lift to clear ground clearance.

Thank to good spotter (my sister in the law and brother)!

Many jeeper pass by me, said - Hey, you have a nice jeep and surprised to see my jeep can go this trail because of long base.

I will post pictures tonight.

Cheers,
Rampage
Old 06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rampage
Hi everyone,

Last weekend (June 20,21 and 22), my brother and I drove from Bay area to Loon Lake.

My jeep made it from Loon Lake to Tahoe one way direction at Rubicon Trail.

Yes, I was shocked that I did it!!! Tough obstacles however my jeep handles well with rock-crawling. Amazing!!! Only twice got stuck but mange to get out due to not enough high clearnace.

I think that the Rubicon Stock with four door will be very diffcult therefore need bigger tire and lift. What I have modified jeep - see below my signature. Plan to 1-inch Body Lift to clear ground clearance.

Thank to good spotter (my sister in the law and brother)!

Many jeeper pass by me, said - Hey, you have a nice jeep and surprised to see my jeep can go this trail because of long base.

Cheers,
Rampage
Post pics! Hurry! I can't wait to see. Glad to hear that it went well. Any damage?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rampage

Cheers,
Rampage
Cool: thanks for the input! Remind ya' (or others that might not know) just as I've been reminded by others though...ONLY bigger tires will get ya' extra ground clearence- not just the BL.

Cant wait for the pics
Old 06-24-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default see more pictures at Rubicon Trail

look at https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/make-rubicon-trail-loon-lake-tahoe-one-way-direction-45337/

Quick Reply: Rubicon Trail And a Stock 4 Door Rubicon?