JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Rugged Ridge XHD $210.16 shipped (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/rugged-ridge-xhd-%24210-16-shipped-255055/)

Fugg it 12-11-2012 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So I received a banged up box with the bumper in it finally today and this is what was inside. I'm assuming there is supposed to be another d-ring, mounting bolts, instructions, etc. can someone please lets know what else is still missing? Fucking amazon sucks. Never had a problem with eBay but amazon takes forever and always an issue.

Attachment 397393

Delux2769 12-11-2012 08:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, that sucks for you. Mine was wrapped in styrofoam inside a box that was cabled up tight. All the hardware and D-rings were packaged up tight too.

I got mine installed this mornin.

notsoricer 12-12-2012 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fugg it (Post 3332649)
So I received a banged up box with the bumper in it finally today and this is what was inside. I'm assuming there is supposed to be another d-ring, mounting bolts, instructions, etc. can someone please lets know what else is still missing? Fucking amazon sucks. Never had a problem with eBay but amazon takes forever and always an issue.

Attachment 397393

8 bolts, 8 nuts, 16 washers, 1 d ring. thats just off the top of my head. you can check RR website and look at the parts list on the instructions.

Delux2769 12-12-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by notsoricer (Post 3333697)

8 bolts, 8 nuts, 16 washers, 1 d ring. thats just off the top of my head. you can check RR website and look at the parts list on the instructions.

I got;

8 D-Ring bolts, nuts and 16 washers.
8 Bull bar mounting bolts and washers for the top of the bumper
8 nuts, lock washers, and washers for the fog lights
2012 Vacuum pump relocate bracket with nuts and bots
And instructions.

I'll take photos of the instructions when i get off tonight.

Best advice on installing it is to put the top on first, slide it up under the grill, then kinda drop the bumper down onto frame rails.

Bolt it up nicely.

Oh and Fog lights before installing bumper.

Same with Winch if you have one to install.

Thelarster 12-12-2012 01:00 PM

Dang it - I take it this was a special they were running that I missed out on?!

Delux2769 12-12-2012 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Thelarster (Post 3333840)
Dang it - I take it this was a special they were running that I missed out on?!

Lol, ya. It ran for a few hours. I was lucky and was able to order one.

Mine came packaged perfectly with all hardware, whereas another guy's didn't.

Fugg it 12-12-2012 01:20 PM

Thanks for the info everyone. I called amazon and was trying to get them to ship me the missing parts but they couldn't do it. They ended up replacing with a new one priced at $399 and emailed me the shipping slip to put back on this one and ship it back. I was really surprised at amazon purchasing the new one for me at that price since all the ones at $200 were sold out.
They shipped out the new bumper 2 day shipping today and ups is scheduled to pick up the missing parts bumper today. Very happy with amazons customer service and willingness to help. Two thumbs up to them. I take back what I said lol

Fugg it 12-12-2012 01:22 PM

This thing weighs prob 70lbs and is in a huge box, I can't imagine they made much money shipping it for free the first time and now return shipping as well for a $200 bumper with free shipping

Delux2769 12-12-2012 01:24 PM

Glad you got that fixed. Amazon's always been good to me. I really like them.

Fugg it 12-12-2012 02:04 PM

Ya I'm definately impressed. They even considered just buying me new d ring attachments for $79 on there but then I brought up that it was missing the other hardware and they figured this was the best solution.
Thank you for the parts list still, I will check my new one to make sure everything is there.
How long of An install time was it? Any special tools? Any concerns for airbags or sensors in the bumper?