Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Sahara = yuppie jeep?

Old 06-06-2008, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sahara = yuppie jeep?

Most of the JK I see around Long Island seem to be Sahara, and there owner mostly seem to be yuppies that will never take there doors off or go off roading. most of them that I talk to tell me how nice the rid is and how bad the MPG is . I dont know about you but ride and MPG are not on the top of my list when buying a jeep! has anyone else seen this where they live?

Last edited by ChevyM14; 06-06-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see a lot of Sahara's around me, but i think just because that is what the local dealer chooses to stock, very few X's and even fewer Rubi's (actually only ONE that i have seen on the lot)

I drive a Sahara, I am no yuppie,

I do NOT have power windows or doors ~ hate 'em.

I am far more redneck than yuppie.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 06-06-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
Most of the JK I see around the Long Island seem to be Sahara, and there owner mostly seem to be yuppies that will never take there doors off or go off roading. most of them that I talk to tell me how nice the rid is and how bad the MPG is . I dont know about you but ride and MPG are not on the top of my list when buying a jeep! has anyone else seen this where they live?
Clackey drives a sahara and he's not a yuppie. I know this because he stays up till 2 or 3 in the morning to watch car racing. That's as far from yuppie as you can get and borders on ultra redneck.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BYU JK
Clackey drives a sahara and he's not a yuppie. I know this because he stays up till 2 or 3 in the morning to watch car racing. That's as far from yuppie as you can get and borders on ultra redneck.
Yeah, that defiantly makes Clackey the Uber-Redneck!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
Most of the JK I see around the Long Island seem to be Sahara, and there owner mostly seem to be yuppies that will never take there doors off or go off roading. most of them that I talk to tell me how nice the rid is and how bad the MPG is . I dont know about you but ride and MPG are not on the top of my list when buying a jeep! has anyone else seen this where they live?
Eh around here there is a mix of everything and I've seen Saharas and X's wheel hard as the rest of them. I've also seen pristine stock "don't touch me that way" (Modifying) Rubis with suit/tie drivers that just don't wheel and like their rides asis. Nothing wrong with that, just different strokes.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to say ride quality is kinda important to me. Not at the top, but probably in the top five. I had a friend tell me my X looked too yuppie for me to drive when I first got it. I don't really give a rat's ass what people think.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkdrone
Yeah, damn yuppie sahara's. Sheesh. Look at how yuppie this one is *grin*

I don't know how that guy lives with himself =)

!c
I love what you've done with your sahara! Where did you get that designer mud? I simply must have some for mine.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I look at it as not a yuppie Jeep but a has power windows, doors, nice soundsystem....... keep the wife happy Jeep
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

We have lots of soccer moms down here driving the X unlimiteds stock and moded.
There’s a company down here which mods them for the jeep dealers down here and the dealers usually have 3 or 4 at any given time, since they look nice people buy them.
The way you can tell they were bought this way is they come with a 2.5 lift with 35"s and have a stock spare oh and most are 2wd.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jkdrone
[snip]

I don't know how that guy lives with himself =)

!c
Me either... Just LOOK at how clean those seats are.

Quick Reply: Sahara = yuppie jeep?