Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-01-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right?
no offense to the people who buy the Sport and mod it to the max.... but isn't the Sport MADE for poor college kids or factory workers who can't afford anything better but need to feel they are part of a gang so they can look down on others? ***

problem with all these "no offense" posts is they are deliberately intended to do just that...

***SARCASM btw

Last edited by uber; 01-24-2012 at 07:57 PM. Reason: didn't think I would need to point out the sarcasm....but sometimes people don't read things the way they were written
Old 08-01-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Sahara which I use for off roading and as my DD, I primarily got it because I wanted the upgraded sound system and GPS. The 18 inch wheels now sit in my garage replaced by rubicon 17's with BFG M/T's. The silver trim removed. I think the Sahara is just an off road vehicle thats a touch more upgraded more daily driving too. I dont know if I would necessarily call it "soccer-mom-able"
Old 08-01-2011, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a friend who has done the same thing with his Rubicon. Put 35" tires, Argent Pitners, 2.5" TF lift and Smitty XRCs on front and back because it "looks cool". He says he'll never even take it to the beach because it will mess it up.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

All jeeps are badass! It's the owners who are the problem.

Last edited by GCM 2; 08-01-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

The Sahara has and also will be the 'luxury' Jeep. This is a fact. Can you make a nasty off roader with one? Of course. Can you be as much a Jeeper at heart as the guy driving the Rubicon? Absolutely. It's been said before but I'll say it again - a Jeep is a Jeep and they all kick ass.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GCM 2
All jeeps are badass! It's the owners who are the problem.
Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
The Sahara has and also will be the 'luxury' Jeep. This is a fact. Can you make a nasty off roader with one? Of course. Can you be as much a Jeeper at heart as the guy driving the Rubicon? Absolutely. It's been said before but I'll say it again - a Jeep is a Jeep and they all kick ass.
you guys are spot on!

I love my Jeep
Old 08-01-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow get over yourself dude...What’s with the insults? Jealous you could not afford a $35,000 JK or something?
Love all Jeeps. Even the rusty POS' get respect from me.

Last edited by speed2005; 08-01-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
Sorry....I drove an 2004 Sahara the same day I bought my 07' X, and believe me my bare bones X is a lot more luxury that it was....
Old 08-01-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

A sahara can take it offroad too. I got the sahara because I wanted the options in it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3954267589.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	189199  

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?