Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

Couldn't have said it better. I also have a sahara jku that is being built and modded as money allows. Also people who don't like the unlimiteds should realize that they probably saved the jeep name. Before they were introduced jeep sales were way down and building the 4 door opened a whole new option in jeeping for a lot of people. It allows much more versatility for a lot of buyers and you can still wheel and build them as much as the 2 doors
I might have unintentionally lit a fuse with this thread but This was Exactly what I was trying to say - the JKU and Sahara were designed to be solid to the masses. To have mass market appeal. While I'm happy as a clam that our beloved brand is profitable because of this, I'm a little irate with the not-quite-Jeeper crowd it pulled in. Everyone on this forum are excluded - just had to throw it in there judging from the highly defensive and emotional natures of the replies
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

I just wonder when theyre going to start the "Jeep Wave" and "_____ is not a real jeep" categories on the Forum.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris

I might have unintentionally lit a fuse with this thread but This was Exactly what I was trying to say - the JKU and Sahara were designed to be solid to the masses. To have mass market appeal. While I'm happy as a clam that our beloved brand is profitable because of this, I'm a little irate with the not-quite-Jeeper crowd it pulled in. Everyone on this forum are excluded - just had to throw it in there judging from the highly defensive and emotional natures of the replies
If everyone in this forum is excluded, then why would you post "sahara = mall crawler " as a title in this forum. Obviously you know that ppl in the forum will read this not the ppl stated you are referring to. Think about it..... I rest my case and you are forgiven . :-). Jeep on!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by danmojo82
I just wonder when theyre going to start the "Jeep Wave" and "_____ is not a real jeep" categories on the Forum.
That's funny! :-)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Canyonrunner

Yikes Chris! Afraid you really opened up a can of worms. If Erica would just post up some more pics it would probably help settle my nerves.
Yes! Erica pics will definitely help! Erica! Erica!

FYI this was NOT my intention at all! I was just thinking out loud. This monster took on a life if it's own.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes! Erica pics will definitely help! Erica! Erica!

FYI this was NOT my intention at all! I was just thinking out loud. This monster took on a life if it's own.

Oh, I believe you. I myself love any Jeep, but I understand what you meant. I also have a built up 80 series Land Cruiser. I've seen more of those as grocery getter/mall crawlers than I can count. As someone mentioned, people buy Jeeps for different reasons... and that's cool. Nothing to get the panties all in a bunch about.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sahara's also get dirty.. At least mine does
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110802_152848.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	189485  
Old 08-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right?
I get to see a lot of different Jeeps due to my job. I've seen several Sahara builds that were flat out bad ass. I figure the guys/gals that initially purchase the Sahara are buying what they want. Period.

Jeep was smart to give us variety.

Yates

Last edited by yhudson; 08-02-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: need to include gals
Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

As far as I remeber, Jeeps had painted fenders from the first CJ's until the last TJ's. It's only the JK that comes with plastic fenders. So... Is the old CJ5 sitting in the yard too good to go off road now?
Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Everyone on this forum are excluded

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?