Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Salvage Title Appraised?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salvage Title Appraised?

Has anyone had a salvage title appraised? The Jeep is fine now, didn't have any mechanical issues, and the few damaged parts were replaced.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

Default Salvage Title

Originally Posted by aznJEEPgirl
Has anyone had a salvage title appraised? The Jeep is fine now, didn't have any mechanical issues, and the few damaged parts were replaced.
Its going to have a value of at least 50 percent lower than the same vehicle non salvage. And no lender
will finance a salvage vehicle.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Freak

Thank you! This info helps a lot! (and I'm not selling it )
Old 10-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

It doesn't affect the value by 50 percent. It obviously depends on the vehicle and how it was damaged and fixed, but it should be more like 25 to 40 percent.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
It doesn't affect the value by 50 percent. It obviously depends on the vehicle and how it was damaged and fixed, but it should be more like 25 to 40 percent.
Family is in the business of vehicles and as well as many friends and every thing they have all told me and what I know of buying vehicles with a salvage title is they are 50% of regular value. Grey area is when you are doing a cash deal with a private buyer. If they don't ask you about a clean title you don't legally have to disclose that it's salvage. If they ask about a title you must tell them. My brother in law make decent money buying salvage cars, fixing and then flipping them.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

This is strictly to appraise the value of the vehicle. It is not being sold.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saharaharry
Its going to have a value of at least 50 percent lower than the same vehicle non salvage. And no lender
will finance a salvage vehicle.
not once it is repaired it does not ... it all depends on what you have... ive had a few savaged vehicles. i would say a few thousand less.. but not 50 percent if you do it right
Old 10-29-2014, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

With a few mods, it will still be less than a KBB clean title estimate?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is strictly to appraise the value of the vehicle. It is not being sold.
But for what purpose? 25-40% less is a realistic value reduction based on the quality of the repair. On a used Jeep, that should give you a range of a few thousand dollars to know what your Jeep might be worth in a good market. What would be the value in paying someone to appraise it, if you don't intend to sell it?

With a few mods, it will still be less than a KBB clean title estimate?
The value of mods is really hard to determine. Your best bet is to find similarly modified Jeeps for sale, and determine how much over their KBB/Nada retail values they're selling for. Remember, asking price <> sale price. But that should give you a general idea.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by blockrockin

not once it is repaired it does not ... it all depends on what you have... ive had a few savaged vehicles. i would say a few thousand less.. but not 50 percent if you do it right
Factory repair or not you will never have a clean title again hence the problem. You can only sell on a cash sale basis as no banks will carry a loan. I take that back some will but with like a 35% interest rate. Not to sound harsh but if you pay 70 or 80% for a salvage vehicle your not the best negotiator to say it nicely.

Quick Reply: Salvage Title Appraised?