JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Seat covers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/seat-covers-188911/)

esemerson 07-31-2011 02:42 PM

Seat covers

I am thinking seat covers are a must after having my JK a month. The vinyl is horrible and creates an excessive amount of back-sweat.

Been looking around and I see neoprene covers. Are these cooler than the OEM seats? worth the money? Any brand suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

MrKenmore 07-31-2011 02:49 PM

I have wet okole and am very happy with them. I did the fronts only. The fit was good. I also opted for seat warmers which work OK. Not super hot but better than I had before! They stand up pretty well and are never too hot to sit in even after being blasted by the sun. They are made to order so there is a lead time.

jeeperjkjeeper 07-31-2011 03:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Marathons!.....you won't regret....money VERY WELL spent...imo!
Attachment 188360Attachment 188361Attachment 188362Attachment 188363Attachment 188364:thumbsup:

fivenote 07-31-2011 03:28 PM

I got the smittybilt black neoprene. I got the front covers at 4wheelparts and the rear covers were free. They are still running that sale.

They install ok, but you can't get the flap on the front cover to tuck between the seat back and seat cushion like it's supposed to. I left it as is and it's fine. They look really tight.

My real motivation was to stuff a lumbar support under the seat cover. That worked great.

esemerson 07-31-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper (Post 2437846)
Marathons!.....you won't regret....money VERY WELL spent...imo!
Attachment 188360Attachment 188361Attachment 188362Attachment 188363Attachment 188364:thumbsup:

those look amazing!

esemerson 07-31-2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by fivenote (Post 2437853)
I got the smittybilt black neoprene. I got the front covers at 4wheelparts and the rear covers were free. They are still running that sale.

They install ok, but you can't get the flap on the front cover to tuck between the seat back and seat cushion like it's supposed to. I left it as is and it's fine. They look really tight.

My real motivation was to stuff a lumbar support under the seat cover. That worked great.

hey thanks for the heads-up. I am checking those out now.

phljeeper 07-31-2011 06:00 PM

I have the Wet Okoles too and they are great seat covers. They do however cause some heat buildup when you are in then on a long trip. On a ride to the beach with the top down your back will be soaked in sweat.

single 07-31-2011 07:12 PM

I second the marathons. Best seat covers I've ever had. Heavy duty and you can sit on them for hours without them making you sweat. They are custom made to order and fit like they should.

Gypsy 07-31-2011 07:46 PM

Wet okoles!!

NH-JK 07-31-2011 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by esemerson
I am thinking seat covers are a must after having my JK a month. The vinyl is horrible and creates an excessive amount of back-sweat.

Been looking around and I see neoprene covers. Are these cooler than the OEM seats? worth the money? Any brand suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Can post some pics of your seats, id love to see what theylook like.... I didn't know the JK had a vinyl option... I'm a big fan of cleaning vinyl over cloth!