Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I wait for the 2018 model or buy a 2017?

Old 12-14-2017, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Get the jl

The best feature of the JL is the full Sport Cage IMHO. It is a costly and necessary safety upgrade IMO.

Engine options are nice to have as well, and as some have pointed out, probably a superior automatic transmission.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viclava
I am currently driving a TJ and am going to purchase a JK within the next year. Not sure if I will do it before this next spring or later in summer. My question is that I have found very little information on what the 2018 will be, but not coming up with much. Maybe it's just too early, I don't know. I like the current 2016,17 model, but really would like to know what information is out there on what changes (if any) will be for the 2018 JK. I'm most likely going to buy the Unlimited Rubicon, but that will depend on how much more the new model goes up in price, if I even want the 2018.

Any information that anyone has, I would very much appreciate it if you would pass it on.

Cheers,

Scott
I just bought a new 2018 and will be the last of the JKs. In 2018 they will offer both at the same time ... last year for the JK and could also buy the new JL. I went for the JK for a few reasons ... the current instrument panel is just fine for me and looks more like what I think a jeep should look like. The new JL is definately more techie looking inside with a large 8 inch touch screen, and of course has a higher sticker price. Also, I got $3,000 off already currently low price so some dealerships are making good deals on the 2018 JKs. I just sort of like owning something that is the last year to get it ... but that's just my opinion. There are also additional engine options, etc. Love my new 2018 JKU!
... Rod

Quick Reply: Should I wait for the 2018 model or buy a 2017?