Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shrockworks Rear Bumper -#2

Old 05-21-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob134
Why do thay do that. The front is ok it is out of the way. But to put it on the bumper that will suck. Do you have a Picture of your bumper and I was looking fourward to the rear bumper with the tire mount. But I do not need to have there name CUT in the bumper.
They do the cutouts now probably because they are trying to get some more advertisement out in the world. They are a very small company and need more money in order to grow. I was a little surprised though when my stubby showed up yesterday with a plastic card holder with a bunch of cards to hand out to people who like my bumper as a way for them to get free advertising out of their customers.

ColinW
Old 05-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Former Vendor

Sorry guys, we tried to listen to what you wanted....we had no lights at first and we got a large response from you requesting them so we added them.

We already provide 2 variations of this bumper style(stubby, full width), on top of powdercoat options (bare, Semi-gloss Black, Text Black, Anthrecite) as well as Tire Carrier or non Carrier...all for those of you who have different opinions about what you want. We try to satisfy but that's not always possible.

We laser cut our logo in almost every product we make. The cards are not manditory for you to keep, just like you are not required to use the stickers we provide with products. We have gotten many customers requesting cards to hand out as they get alot of attention from their product.... So we provide an easy way for customers to give info if they so choose, best case they use them, worst they don't. Free advertising is making a quatlity product that speaks for itself weather we are there to or not.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 05-21-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i gave out all my cards in about a week 'parking lot oohs and aaahs'.

waiting on availability of the rear tire carrier so i can get some more!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

I think the cards are a great idea! Low cost to the manufacturer, and easy for us to share the source of these great products. If you don't like the idea, throw them away. Took me less than a week to hand out all of mine.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

When we order the rear bumper with the tire mount can we order it with out the SHOCKWORKS cut in the bumper. The holes for the lights are all good but to have the bumper re painted and all the work to fill in the name on the bumper after I get it. Just think of all the TIME you will save on not cutting the name in the bumper. And to add the lights and tire mount like we all were asking for was good but I dont think we asked for the name in the bumper. Send the cards and I wiil be more than happy to pass them out!
Old 05-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
Sorry guys, we tried to listen to what you wanted....we had no lights at first and we got a large response from you requesting them so we added them.

We already provide 2 variations of this bumper style(stubby, full width), on top of powdercoat options (bare, Semi-gloss Black, Text Black, Anthrecite) as well as Tire Carrier or non Carrier...all for those of you who have different opinions about what you want. We try to satisfy but that's not always possible.

We laser cut our logo in almost every product we make. The cards are not manditory for you to keep, just like you are not required to use the stickers we provide with products. We have gotten many customers requesting cards to hand out as they get alot of attention from their product.... So we provide an easy way for customers to give info if they so choose, best case they use them, worst they don't. Free advertising is making a quatlity product that speaks for itself weather we are there to or not.

Nick

We laser cut these in batches. We work very hard to design and build a quality product, we are proud of them, stand behind them, that is why our name is on them.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 05-21-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

You can see the cutout in HUNTER's bumper in post #14, but it doesn't show up much in the dark. It is just below the right light.

I understand that the bumper pieces get batch cut, but why not just put on a sticker? I'm sure it'd be cheaper and people who don't like to pay to advertise can take them off. I threw the business cards in my console, and I'll give them to people who ask about the bumper (in general, the quality is good)... but I haven't put the bumper on yet because I'm waiting until I get a chance to fill in the name.

Also, I thought the light cut-outs were an option (that I didn't want). I'll just end up fabbing a plate to cover up the holes.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ToyFamily
We laser cut these in batches. We work very hard to design and build a quality product, we are proud of them, stand behind them, that is why our name is on them.

Nick
id like to stand behind my rear bumper too :(

c'mon Nick, when are these bad boys going to be ready....May is almost over, i remember when i put myself on the waiting list it was stated shipping was going to start in May

patiently waiting, but would at least like to see a live pic of the tire carrier
Old 05-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jeepik
id like to stand behind my rear bumper too :(

c'mon Nick, when are these bad boys going to be ready....May is almost over, i remember when i put myself on the waiting list it was stated shipping was going to start in May

patiently waiting, but would at least like to see a live pic of the tire carrier

I am fine tuning and making sure everything is in working order. The bugs need to be gone through as much as possible so this goes as smoothly as possible. So far it is as solid as expected. Pics will be posted soon but will not give a hard day (I've learned ) but it's close.

Chew on this...37" Irok, 48" HiLift.

Thanks for the patience,

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 05-22-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

awesome

thanks for the update Nick, i knew you had a pic up your sleeve

continue doing the hard work, it is worth the wait

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Rear Bumper -#2