Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So what do you not like about your JK?

Old 01-30-2019, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I truly enjoy my Jeep. Just turned 76k miles. It's my daily driver. The only thing I don't like is when it rains and I'm getting in, water drips on my head.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by grettberg
I truly enjoy my Jeep. Just turned 76k miles. It's my daily driver. The only thing I don't like is when it rains and I'm getting in, water drips on my head.
I have a solution for that ...

Of course, it doesn't keep the floorpans dry. :-)

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 01-30-2019 at 11:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jdinny (02-28-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 03:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I have a 2012 Jku sport that I purchased new 7 yrs ago. I put 106,000 miles in it. It was trouble free until 2weeks ago when the starter went bad. I still love the Jeep. The only annoying thing I can think of is the leaking driver side door. Seems like Jeep should have been able to figure out after all these years how to properly seal a door. Oh yeah, the 2012 and earlier years had clocks that could not keep time. They would lose up to 5 minutes per month. There is a TSB to fix this. Mine has been spot on since the TSB was done.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Ok, so my first response was a joke, 'cause I really do love my Jeep. All of the "down-sides' are just part of what makes it fun and unique, and are part of the Jeep Life. Most of the legitimate issues are really minor things, though, and often easily fixed. For example, the latches on my soft-top fit in so tight to the windshield frame that they were extremely difficult to open. So, I just drilled a small hole in them and put a little loop of paracord through as a pull-tab. Problem solved!

One thing that does really bug me though, that's been remedied in the JLs, is that it's just not worth the effort to fold the windshield down. A minor complaint, considering it's something you can't do at all in almost any other vehicle...

Oh, and in my manual, reverse pisses me the hell off. The gearing on it is so ridiculous that any attempt to put it in reverse to back up a hill (while already on it, of course) is pretty much just a surefire way to barbecue your clutch. I hate reverse, they should have quadrupled the ratio on it.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:18 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

You guys continue to jog some thoughts loose. This isn't a big deal as I rarely use it, but it is weird that the steptronic shifting in the auto is done by moving the shifter side to side rather than forward/backward....yet another small thing remedied in the JL.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) That FCA wouldn't even discuss the spun main bearing on my '07 at 53,000 mi. Bastards.
2) I'm totally over having to wet vac in winter to remove the lake from the passenger front floor. I can deal in summer but not in winter when its rain one day, ice the next.
3) Poor factory paint process - caused door hinge rot in my '07 and floor pan failure in my kid's '07
Old 01-31-2019, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Oh yes, I forgot how much I hate the reverse gear in my manual. I used to tow a trailer. Backing that up was a real pain. When on gravel I would put in 4Lo which helped. Last year I moved into a new house and I back my Jeep into the garage. What a pain. I feel like I smoke my clutch simply backing up a very tiny incline to get into the garage.
The following users liked this post:
blank (04-24-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

The only thing that annoys me about my JKU is the needed consistent replacement of windshields due to it having the aerodynamics of a brick and the windshield easily catching flying rocks. I realized I had gotten lucky since I didn't have to replace my windshield for the 1st 6 years I owned it. Ever since that 1st one broke, it now seems like I'm having to replace my windshield every 6 months.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Oh my gosh! Dude....you have no idea how much you look like my dear ole dad who passed away 17 years ago. I may have to go try to dig up some pics of dad....you're freaking me out right about now with this pic! I've got to send this pic to my older brother.
Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I have a solution for that ...

Of course, it doesn't keep the floorpans dry. :-)
Old 01-31-2019, 04:25 PM
OME
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grettberg
Yup. It leaks from rain.

Quick Reply: So what do you not like about your JK?