Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

So what do you not like about your JK?

Old 02-17-2019, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2014 sport, wrangler and hate the 3.21 gears...drives me when I'm coming off a red light and engine bog just before it gets going. I know they do it to get the mpg numbers but I'll be changing mine to 4.10's soon. Can't afford a diesel swap...
I forgot to mention also that the paint on my hinges stRted to bubble after the first year. I took off the hood hinges to paint them and there was rust under them. This is a 2 year old rig at the time. Bad painting practice

Last edited by 3_Percenter; 02-17-2019 at 05:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the only JK in the country of Papua New Guinea. It gets old having people pose and shoot selfies standing next to the Jeep. Even sitting in the driveway! Also, there's always greasy nose smudges on the windows..

Tom
The following users liked this post:
jdinny (02-28-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 08:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 3_Percenter
I have a 2014 sport, wrangler and hate the 3.21 gears...drives me when I'm coming off a red light and engine bog just before it gets going. I know they do it to get the mpg numbers but I'll be changing mine to 4.10's soon. Can't afford a diesel swap...
I forgot to mention also that the paint on my hinges stRted to bubble after the first year. I took off the hood hinges to paint them and there was rust under them. This is a 2 year old rig at the time. Bad painting practice
I'm also in a '14 with 3.21 gears. I'd love to upgrade my gears but I drive a manual so it's a little more tolerable. Don't think I'll get the return on the $1500 investment, but maybe some day I'll do it.

Also, I think I heard something about the hinges being aluminum and the body being steel. So the two being in contact causes a reaction. It's not the paint. From my understanding. Which is shady at best. But I tend to pay closer attention to Jeep stuff than other life things.

Quick Reply: So what do you not like about your JK?