JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Soft Top (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/soft-top-200810/)

Brandon1024 10-20-2011 05:36 AM

Soft Top

My jeep is a 2007 and the softop is in pretty bad shape. Really faded, some little rips, and other common stuff. Should I replace it with another normal softop, keep it and get a hardtop, or get the Bestop trektop nx. So far Im thinking the Bestop. It is the cheapest route even though id love to find a hardtop..

texwillys 10-20-2011 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon1024 (Post 2600545)
My jeep is a 2007 and the softop is in pretty bad shape. Really faded, some little rips, and other common stuff. Should I replace it with another normal softop, keep it and get a hardtop, or get the Bestop trektop nx. So far Im thinking the Bestop. It is the cheapest route even though id love to find a hardtop..

I ran a Trek Top for most of 2 years no prob. (I only used my hard top in the dead of winter.)

But I do really like the factory soft top, that's what is on my JKU now. And, my Trek Top is really scruffy now.

The Trek Top is a great alternative, for a couple of years or so. The NX may last even longer.

Mikey214 10-20-2011 06:45 AM

After my factory soft top is ruined I'll be purchasing the best top , I don't want to spend that kind of money on the hard top right now !

ZMagic97 10-20-2011 07:18 AM

I believe Quadratec has replacement tops for JKs on sale.

Brandon1024 10-20-2011 10:00 AM

I would get a hardtop off someone on the forum if I did. I like the look of the trektop I'm just not sure how it performs in the winter an if youre able to fold it down like a normal softop

JGP4JK 10-20-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
I would get a hardtop off someone on the forum if I did. I like the look of the trektop I'm just not sure how it performs in the winter an if youre able to fold it down like a normal softop

Hey man, I bent the bow on my sunrider softop. The top was used for 2 summers and is in good shape. I'll sell it to you for cheap. I have everything complete but I'll part out just the top if you want it. Shipping might be an issue tho.

JeepAddOns-Chris 10-20-2011 11:05 AM

The Trektop NX doesn't fold down like a regular top, but gives you the option of running a full top or a bikini style. Additionally, it has a fold back front like the Sunrider. Yes, you can take them up and down like a factory soft top, but it takes a few extra minutes to do so because of the way it is designed.

As far as how it performs in the winter, it's as quiet or maybe even a bit more quiet than the factory top. Same sailcloth material as the factory top, so keeps the warmth in and cold out just as well. Just don't recommend taking them down or trying to put them up and sub-70's weather. The fabric is a tight fit.