JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Some kind of Gnarly mud stained my flares (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/some-kind-gnarly-mud-stained-my-flares-253776/)

BarRegular 11-09-2012 12:15 PM

Some kind of Gnarly mud stained my flares

It came off the jeep with a little work. However, my two drivers side flares were washed and the mud that was there literally took a shade or two off the flares. Looks spotted, any remedies?

Thanks

milcoast 11-09-2012 01:34 PM

I've had the same thing. There will be alot of suggestions after mine but I use Turtle Wax trim restorer. Mine went away after that. I guess the mud sucks out the color after it sets a while but no need to worry. Hope that helps

AV8RS3V3RN 11-09-2012 01:46 PM

"Back to Black" it is a black dye in a little applicator bottle with a sponge tip. I got mine from Quadratec way back in the day, but I think they stopped selling it. Amazon has it.

Rooster76 11-09-2012 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by AV8RS3V3RN
"Back to Black" it is a black dye in a little applicator bottle with a sponge tip. I got mine from Quadratec way back in the day, but I think they stopped selling it. Amazon has it.

Mother's "Back to Black" does not in any way have dye in it. Maybe you were thinking of something else. It is a white cream, that comes out of a red bottle with no sponge. I like it, and get it at wal-mart for about $5. A bottle does 2 applications. It makes the fenders nice and black with out being very oily. It also makes cleaning much easier. It last for about a month. It's more of a protectant than a cleaner. Before applying I use a "magic eraser - extra strength". That will remove all the deep mud that shows up when the fenders dry.

Dralphy 11-09-2012 04:00 PM

X2 for Mother's Back to Black.

I used it on my fenders and rear bumper after I replaced my stock bumper. The new bumper made my fenders look really dull, but the Back to Black worked very well.

BarRegular 11-10-2012 06:43 AM

Thanks, heading out today to get some

Jhouse93 11-10-2012 07:35 AM

I swear by turtle wax trim restorer looks great and really simple to use

weiss2185 11-10-2012 12:48 PM

Bondo Restore Black is the best stuff I have used. Although I have never used anything else. It has a dye in it and all my trim looks brand new. 4yrs+ applying once a year.

AV8RS3V3RN 11-11-2012 11:49 AM

Ooops, it's called Forever Black, but it's in a little silver bottle. I put in on my old XJ's trim that was light gray and 2 applications later it was darker than the black body paint. Only reqiures touching up if you really gash up the fenders too.

h t t p ://www.autogeek.net/forblacbumtr.html

Originally Posted by Rooster76 (Post 3290180)
Mother's "Back to Black" does not in any way have dye in it. Maybe you were thinking of something else. It is a white cream, that comes out of a red bottle with no sponge. I like it, and get it at wal-mart for about $5. A bottle does 2 applications. It makes the fenders nice and black with out being very oily. It also makes cleaning much easier. It last for about a month. It's more of a protectant than a cleaner. Before applying I use a "magic eraser - extra strength". That will remove all the deep mud that shows up when the fenders dry.