JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   something is wrong (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/something-wrong-252932/)

the green machine1989 10-31-2012 02:56 PM

something is wrong

Im fairly new to the jeep world and bought my 2007 jk used from a dealership a few months ago and it had bald tires. When I went around 50 mph or over and ran over something like rail road tracks or small fracture in the road my jeep would "death wobble" this happened on my stock 18' wheels on balding tires. I have recently gotten a set of 35' Dick cepek crushers on 17 and havent had the nerve to test if it'll still wobble, iv also been informed through a friends educated guess is the problem might be bent tie rod ends any one got any advice?

ricksjeep10 10-31-2012 03:26 PM

Check out the numerous threads on this site concerning death wobble. A lot of good info that will lead you in the right direction.

dahreno 10-31-2012 04:19 PM

You should have told the dealership to replace the tires before you bought it. I can't believe they sold it to you like that. I am great at buying cars and would have told them to replace the tires or i'm not buying it! I also would bring back the jeep and have them fix the death wobble , no warrantee ?

Spank 10-31-2012 05:36 PM

Just make sure that whoever you take it to to get it fixed doesn't spoonfeed you any "steering stabilizer" BS. This component has nothing to do with the death wobble and replacing it will not fix the problem.

The likely culprit is either a trackbar or your ball joints (or both).

the green machine1989 10-31-2012 09:34 PM

Thank you every one, to answer a question the dealership is Toyota of the black hills in rapid city they're the shadiest bastards iv ever delt with and to top it all off they sold it to me with out a title and then tried to screw me over it, no they won't help me.

carolinajk 10-31-2012 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by dahreno (Post 3278184)
You should have told the dealership to replace the tires before you bought it. I can't believe they sold it to you like that. I am great at buying cars and would have told them to replace the tires or i'm not buying it! I also would bring back the jeep and have them fix the death wobble , no warrantee ?

x2 i bought my dAughter a ford explorer ( i know) that had new lookin tires on it and the salesman said they were new , i looked at the date code on sidewall and told him that they were almost 6 years old , told him to put a new set of decent goodyears on it and we would buy it . they did

SWAMP RAT 10-31-2012 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by the green machine1989
Thank you every one, to answer a question the dealership is Toyota of the black hills in rapid city they're the shadiest bastards iv ever delt with and to top it all off they sold it to me with out a title and then tried to screw me over it, no they won't help me.

Please explain how they sold it it to you without a title.

Boyerracing343 11-01-2012 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by SWAMP RAT

Please explain how they sold it it to you without a title.

Only thing I can think of is the bank has the title cause he owes money on it? Other than that something sounds a little fishy.

the green machine1989 11-01-2012 09:36 AM

They bought it at auction and never had title in hand when they put it up for sale and didn't tell me, when the 30 days were up and I go to pick up the title they still didn't have it so they took it from me until they could get iv sorted it all out and the jeep is with me once again

BillyJack 11-01-2012 10:12 AM

This has read flags flying all over it...