JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Stolen gas! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/stolen-gas-167193/)

White Fang 03-05-2011 12:33 PM

Stolen gas!

So gas is hitting the roof once again and I've had my first tank stolen. Guess it's time to get a locking gas cap.

I was thinking about rigging something up to a different gallon size jug and mixing some sugar with gas. Let the @$$ holes deal with that. I need some ideas quick cause when gas hits $5 a gal. I shutter to think about what's going to happen.

BTW, I'm typing this as I wait for my bro to bring me gas. I didn't get 50 ft. :(

Flip94ta 03-05-2011 12:40 PM

I thought JK's had a plastic cross in the line that keep people siphoning out the tank??

jmat1980 03-05-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by White Fang (Post 2141386)
So gas is hitting the roof once again and I've had my first tank stolen. Guess it's time to get a locking gas cap.

I was thinking about rigging something up to a different gallon size jug and mixing some sugar with gas. Let the @$$ holes deal with that. I need some ideas quick cause when gas hits $5 a gal. I shutter to think about what's going to happen.

BTW, I'm typing this as I wait for my bro to bring me gas. I didn't get 50 ft. :(

I like that idea...find out what would ruin an engine then fill a tank with it. Dont forget to add some gas or wipe down the container with a gas soaked rag so they get the smell...that would be really funny

Abacabb 03-05-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by White Fang (Post 2141386)
I was thinking about rigging something up to a different gallon size jug and mixing some sugar with gas. Let the @$$ holes deal with that

MythBusters proved that does absolutely nothing to the engine. :bleh:
Best bet is to wait in your trunk with a baseball bat and smash the shit out of their dome.

timebandit 03-05-2011 12:45 PM

Precisely why I just ordered the locking gas cap. It pays for itself with one tank.

White Fang 03-05-2011 12:50 PM

Who makes the best cap?

I like the ball bat idea. Wanna take it in shifts? Beer and hotdogs on me!

jmat1980 03-05-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by White Fang (Post 2141425)
Who makes the best cap?

Count me in!! I got the midnight shift:thumbsup:

Matador 03-05-2011 01:43 PM

We pay over $1.20/Litre......there are approx 4 litres in a gallon :(

Christine 03-05-2011 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Abacabb (Post 2141411)
MythBusters proved that does absolutely nothing to the engine. :bleh:
Best bet is to wait in your trunk with a baseball bat and smash the shit out of their dome.

Count me in. I've got a tazer I'm just dying to try out on someone!

kittisman 03-05-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by White Fang (Post 2141425)
Who makes the best cap?

After trying an Autozone one & it setting off codes, if I buy another it's gonna be genuine Mopar.:wink: