Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Story of my Offroad cars and hobby with fotos.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Story of my Offroad cars and hobby with fotos.

Hello! I'm Alexander from Russia, from Siberia. Just want to share with my offroad experience with you.
From the beggining I want to appologize for my english)

First time I was driving TLC 80 when I was 12 years and from that time I fell in love with offroad.
Someday I found offroad fun site in our region and met new friends. From one of them I bought my first offroad car.
My first real jeep (in Russia all offroad vehicals we call "jeep" even if it's Toyota) I bought when I was 24. It was 15 years old Nissan Terrano! It costs me about $5000. And on first day I stucked in river and have drowned it a little bit. Very promising begining!
Crane helped me to save it)

It was almost in stock, but with 33'' BFG MT.

I did some tuning like both bampers, two winches and etc.

For about a year I was going for hard offroad with it. I got lots of experience and decided that my next jeep will be with both axles.

So I have sold Nissan and bought Toyota Land Cruiser 105 (1HZ). It was almost new, costs me $37000 and was in stock.
First of all I've bought some armor for it. And 33'' BFG AT.

I did lots of traveling.

Then I've bought a suspension lift kit and 35'' Silverstone wheels.
On that foto I've broken front gear.

Also I've participated in lots of competitions. But we got rather swampy soil so my TLC was too long and too have for hardest class in competition. Anyway my team got lots of fun =)

But after a year I got married with beautiful girl and had to sell TLC, because I needed money for wedding and my wife needed car too. (I also have BMW 5-series sedan for everyday use 4x4 btw ))
So I've sold TLC and bought new Peugeot 308 for my wife.

I was very sad about selling Toyota, but I have about $15000 left and was going to find something for offroad sport.
And I've bought TLC 70 short (1991), old, but on 36'' wheels already.

To tell the truth, after buying that car I've made 2 rules for myself:
1 - never to buy cars from offroad club where you're not a member
2 - never to buy old cars.

It was terrible, every trip or competition something got broken in that car. I repaired almost every unit in it. Also I've bought ARB rear locker and some more stuff like 2 new winches and some armor and new wheels from tractor.

Finaly, while competition, engine has died. And I sold it. Brrr... My lucky day)

For about a year I was dreaming about any jeep. I was searching internet, some forums, but I decided to buy new car and with 2 axles. So, I could choose only from LR Defender, Jeep Wrangler, UAZ (Russian offroad jeep), and Suzuki Jimny. (I wanted new and from official dealer). Russian cars have terrible quality, Suzuki was too small, Defender I don't like. And then I found project-jk.com and fell in love with Jeep. =)) I've chose 4d becase I like to travel and was going to go for a trip to Mongolia and some other countries. (I live near lake Baikal, 200 miles from Mongolia border) The neares dealer was in Saint-Petersburg (5000km away from my city) and I made an order. White 4d Rubi 3.8L. After 7 months it's finaly here. It costs me $70000. (normal dealer price)

And now I'm realy happy with my new Jeep. Planning some small tuning this year and maybe lift for 35'' for next year and some armor. But I don't want to participate on it in competitions, only traveling. For competition and hard expeditions I want to build prototype with Volvo C303 axles and 40'' boggers =)
That's my story, with lots of interesting in future!
Thanx for attention.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome story man. Welcome to the club. I can't wait to see some of the crazyness you are going to be doing with her. Did you pay $70,000 USA dollars?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome Pics! I look forward to seeing more.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by glocksrfun
Awesome story man. Welcome to the club. I can't wait to see some of the crazyness you are going to be doing with her. Did you pay $70,000 USA dollars?
yeah. it's the price for Jeep in Russia. (because of customs)
Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Despite you not liking the Toyota, I really liked the pictures of it. It looked great and the mud looked really fun!

Good luck with the jeep.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great thread. Don't apologize for your english it is very good.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Whoa! Much respect my Russian friend! And welcome!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing. I can tell that your new Jeep will see some good off-road action. Enjoy.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

welcome to the forum! great! story and love the jeep!...and then again i can say your love it even more for the competitions ( if you plan to do it again )

anyways welcome and enjoy the forum! i am still
Old 09-13-2011, 08:47 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the new Jeep!

Quick Reply: Story of my Offroad cars and hobby with fotos.