Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

ARE there any other RIGHT HAND DRIVE JKs out there?

Old 09-16-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARE there any other RIGHT HAND DRIVE JKs out there?

Hey, Im new to the site and I'm trying to find some other jeeps/ jeep owners that are right hand drive. I'm a mail carrier and i spend a ton of time in my jeep and I love it dearly. The problem is I can't lift it because then I couldn't reach the mail boxes. I've done some mods and plan to do more but I'd love to talk to other RHD owners especially mail carriers. HIT ME UP if you're out there.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

If you were my mailman i would put my mailbox on blocks so you could lift your jeep.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could go doorless to reach the mailboxes after a lift. Just hold on to all the letters so they don't blow out.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssg381
If you were my mailman i would put my mailbox on blocks so you could lift your jeep.
I've already had to make several people raise their boxes. The standard height the Post Office requires is 41-45 inches, but I have alot of boxes that are low. I think I would be able to run a lift and 35's if all the boxes were this height , but it would really upset alot of people. Maybe 100 boxes would have to be raised. I think I'll just advance other aspects of the jeep's capabilities. My local area doesnt have any places to climb rocks so it's not necessary in my recreational driving.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pwain
Could go doorless to reach the mailboxes after a lift. Just hold on to all the letters so they don't blow out.
I've thought about that, but it's too much wind and rainy days would be awful. Also post office regs require the door, but i thought about door options. If you know of any doors that are really low, but would keep the water/wind out send me a link.

Last edited by 08JKRHD; 09-16-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ssg381
lol that would be hilarious
Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
I've thought about that, but it's too much wind and rainy days would be awful. Also post office regs require the door, but i thought about door options. If you know of any doors that are really low, but would keep the water/wind out send me a link.
...tube doors and a good raincoat?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

is it a pain to shift with your left hand? and is the clutch pedal still on the left foot or are the pedals backwards on RHD?

-Christopher
Old 09-17-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
is it a pain to shift with your left hand? and is the clutch pedal still on the left foot or are the pedals backwards on RHD?

-Christopher
Clutch is still on the left.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo

-Christopher
Idk if they make manual RHD JKs. Mine is an automatic and all the others I've seen are automatic as well. The pedal setup is normal just on the right side. The shifter is flipped with the button on the right and thats about the only thing that's different. It's simply the drivers side moved to the right not completely reversed.

Quick Reply: ARE there any other RIGHT HAND DRIVE JKs out there?