Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

If you're a sensitive soul who is easily offended by strong opinions, this probably won't be the thread for you. If you can't think of something to be critical about then don't say anything at all.

Contributions, disagreements welcome. I say a great Jeep build starts not with what you like, but what you don't. This thread was inspired by another forum member who implied there might be too much high-fiving going on in some of these show and tell threads when people are really thinking, "WTF did they do that for?" So here's where you can vent without being critical of another member's Jeep specifically.

My list:

1. Fake Beadlocks. Just buy real beadlocks or at least buy a wheel with functional trim rings that protect from damage.

2. Stingers. Ugly.

3. Rattle-can spray jobs. Bubba, please.

4. Blacked-out lights. F-you, I can't see you stopping now.

5. Weak tires on a Rubicon. I occasionally see Rubicons running traditional SUV tires, and I die a little inside every time. It even bothers me to see A/T tires with a weak tread pattern on a Rubicon. I try to tell myself they have a second set at home.

6. Mismatched spares. Usually big tires with the little spare is what gets me, but I once saw a Rubicon with cruiser street tires and the original M/T still on the spare.

7. Worn-out M/T tires. Tread... those tires are not taking you anywhere without tread.

8. Fat, wide tires on thimble wheels. Tall narrow tires instead.

Please contribute... And remember, you can't make a toeberry pie without stepping on some toes.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK, I'll bite.

Chrome. Any chrome. Or shiny aluminum. It just ain't right.

I can tolerate the tires, the jacked up AEV loaded Jeep that will never see a dirt road, the Rubicons with hard tops and soccer mom's driving them that have no clue what a locker is, etc. Adding chrome is just wrong.

Last edited by SiliconTi; 08-14-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ditto on the chrome
Old 08-19-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
OK, I'll bite.

Chrome. Any chrome. Or shiny aluminum. I just ain't right.

I can tolerate the tires, the jacked up AEV loaded Jeep that will never see a dirt road, the Rubicons with hard tops and soccer mom's driving them that have no clue what a locker is, etc. Adding chrome is just wrong.
stupid stickers. i dont hate all stickers, indeed I like some, but when grown men put shat all over their jeep where they are pretending to be in a movie or something, i just dont get it.

tire covers on the spare
Old 08-19-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Chrome disgusts me.

I enjoy the look of less lift, more of a wide stance rather than high lift skinny stance.

Tall and wide works though!
Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LordEgg

stupid stickers. i dont hate all stickers, indeed I like some, but when grown men put shat all over their jeep where they are pretending to be in a movie or something, i just dont get it.

tire covers on the spare
This, this... There 10 characters

Edited: all my stickers and decal go on my garage wall not my jeep.

Last edited by AlphaRomeo15; 08-19-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LordEgg

tire covers on the spare
Tire covers are bad but the hard covers are god awful terrible, chrome for sure
Old 08-19-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I respect whatever anyone wants to do to their jeep because everyone has their own tastes, simply owning a jeep is what's important to me, the sense of being in a club, roughing it, belonging to a special group.....having said that. People that buy a Jeep because they don't see it any different than mall transports for their kids or have no idea what owning a jeep is all about. They cry and bitch and whine about every little thing. I hate any man over 18 who buys a jeep and is so sissified that they cant change their own oil or know how to use Google at least to solve their own problems before posting stupid stuff on the forum.. Or wants to buy something for their jeep and asks everyone else's opinion. Grow a spine and get some character.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chrome diamond plate, i despise it for some reason
Old 08-19-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Rockstar rims...sorry, overpriced and over played.

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.