JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Tinted Side Window's Swiped & more!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/tinted-side-windows-swiped-more-43881/)

RevyJKU08 06-11-2008 07:11 AM

Tinted Side Window's Swiped & more!!!

:dontknow2:Well like a few of you recently that have had there JK's broken into......IF it's any consolation....

This morning as I was heading off to work......and walk by my Wife's JK I noticed someone swiped my wife's tinted side windows on our soft top.....unzipped them sometime last night:sad2:

:tantrum: They even damaged the rubber molding on the rear doors pulling out the windows. Man was I pissed:hot:. They must have been scoping out our place the last few days! :dontknow2:

Then I look closer and notice they even swipped my son's 3 in 1 car seat:hot: Well, this got me really hot under the collar and I started cusing and cursing and woke my wife up at 5:30am as I was furious about the car seat!!!! :hot: Who in there right mind steals somebodies child's carseat????:tantrum::thinking::naw:

Then I look in the front and they rummaged threw the center console and glove box and they stole my kid's sunglasses and the 2 ball cap's and sunscreen out of them.:tantrum:

Well, I just had to rant over this, probably not even worth placing through insurance with a $500 deductible!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Any thoughts on securing the window's from being unzipped and stolen once I get them replaced???

HappyCurmudgeon 06-11-2008 07:14 AM

Man that sucks, I am sorry to hear that. :mad::sad2:

Short of sitting in a lawnchair in the front yard with a 4' steel pipe, i dunno what to tell you.

Laughingstok 06-11-2008 07:14 AM

Get a dog.

:mad:

I hate thieves.

SGT. 06-11-2008 07:17 AM

ouch.........................:naw:

scouter4life 06-11-2008 07:18 AM

What the hell is going on here, it seems every day now someone has had something stolen. Really sorry this happened to you and are you kidding, who steals a car seat, what the hell are they going to get for that? On the other hand if someone needed a car seat that bad and couldn't afford it then maybe they are trying to keep their child safe now.

I'm not sure it's worth securing the windows as it will just cause more damage if someone tries it again, but I'm sure there's some way to use a lock and add a connecting point to the door frame. I also saw that someone suggested that for Jeeps, it might be best to get insurance with as low a deductible as you can get as so many items can be stolen easily that are worth under $500.

TINMAN080 06-11-2008 08:35 AM

My friend - write on the fabric back of each window '' Stolen from (your name and phone number). even if the bastards steal them they won't be able to profit from it. A big black magic marker would do nicely.... This brings up my point about a $500.00 deductible for comprehensive coverage for your jeep. That would be okay for a total loss fire on your jeep , but for theft and glass coverage it is like having NO INSURANCE since the average windshield replacement is $280-$320, and the average article you carry around is considerably less than that. The rate for $0.00 deductible comprehensive coverage is not much more per year and if you need more than one windshield replacement in any given year( which you will eventually) you will be money ahead. Remember your comprehensive coverage rates are based on all your company's claims in your area as a group, not like your collision rates- which are based on your driving record alone. It really is something to give some serious thought to. P.S. Check your local flea markets, you may find that car seat, hope you had it marked.... Good Luck!:yup:

paratus13 06-11-2008 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99 (Post 545303)
:dontknow2:Well like a few of you recently that have had there JK's broken into......IF it's any consolation....

This morning as I was heading off to work......and walk by my Wife's JK I noticed someone swiped my wife's tinted side windows on our soft top.....unzipped them sometime last night:sad2:

:tantrum: They even damaged the rubber molding on the rear doors pulling out the windows. Man was I pissed:hot:. They must have been scoping out our place the last few days! :dontknow2:

Then I look closer and notice they even swipped my son's 3 in 1 car seat:hot: Well, this got me really hot under the collar and I started cusing and cursing and woke my wife up at 5:30am as I was furious about the car seat!!!! :hot: Who in there right mind steals somebodies child's carseat????:tantrum::thinking::naw:

Then I look in the front and they rummaged threw the center console and glove box and they stole my kid's sunglasses and the 2 ball cap's and sunscreen out of them.:tantrum:

Well, I just had to rant over this, probably not even worth placing through insurance with a $500 deductible!!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Any thoughts on securing the window's from being unzipped and stolen once I get them replaced???

I have thought about the fact the the carseats could be stolen...mine are locked in with cable bicycle locks. As far as the windows...just leave them off! Thats what I do if I park out in my driveway. There are some misreable people in this world. I leave my kids sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, etc just laying around in the JK all the time - no problem yet (knock on rock). Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

mcds99 06-11-2008 10:22 AM

That's why I got a hard top.

It's getting bad in Minneapolis last weekend a group of teens were raising havoc on on of the parks, robbin people walking, biking, etc... they ventured in to a neighborhood and started breaking in to homes!

School is out so keep your eye's open.

OH! Go buy a locking gas cap, I know they are crap but it's just a preventative mesure they will go after a non-locking gas tank first.

mcds99 06-11-2008 10:29 AM

Not to high jack the thread.

I know the boys in the troop and the youth in the crew are not out doing this.

Go Scouts!

07JKX 06-11-2008 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Laughingstok (Post 545310)
Get a dog.

:mad:

I hate thieves.

good idea... dog barks, owner shoots