Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Top ten things you would like to see changed in the Jeep Wrangler

Old 08-27-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top ten things you would like to see changed in the Jeep Wrangler

I would like to hear from everyone what the top ten things they would like to see changed in the jeep... you know things like a better engine, new automatic transmission, better plastic on the interior, no hood lift, etc.

If there was a minor redesign for 2010 what would you want to see change or offered as an option that currently is not offered?
Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

The stock bumpers are a joke.

Last edited by camden19; 08-27-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

The headlights suck on it ! Especially when you only have 4 hours of daylight in the winter.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think 10 things to find wrong with...or to improve upon are a lot. I wouldn't have bought it if I thought that much could be improved upon. I think it's fine.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I think 10 things to find wrong with...or to improve upon are a lot. I wouldn't have bought it if I thought that much could be improved upon. I think it's fine.

I agree...if I could come up with a list of 10 things, I probably would've bought something else.

But I live in a cold climate and not to sound too spoiled but heated mirrors would be nice. I would also like some translucent freedom panels that would fit exactly in place of the OEM panels....perfect for snowy winters.

These are both more of accessories or mods that could be aftermarket made, not really changes that DC should make with the Wrangler.

My only one change that I really would like to see DC make is another engine choice for the unlimited model. I don't really care that its a HEMI...a 4.7 would be nice too. Everything else can be a mod...thats what it's all about. I know there are some like Camp Crocker that have done engine swaps...but thats a pretty big mod to undertake.

Last edited by jasruby; 08-27-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Newbie

About 100 more horsepower!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some sort of better transmission cooling or at least a gauge so I can read the temp instead of getting a mysterious chime every once and awhile.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would really like to see a better engine and trans, but at least a six speed auto if they arent going to upgrade the engine. I also would like the doors to stay open on a linkage (might make it harder to go doorless) and either a leak proof freedom top or a hard roof (I would even be ok with a permanent roof) with a giant folding sunroof roof ala the Liberty. I would be happy if it was even manual. Other than that, less scratch prone plastics on the interior would be nice. Sure some of this sounds "soft," but for someone who needs a true dual purpose rig that spends the majority of the time on road it would be nice to have a few more creature comforts.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

as a Euro customer, more colours, we have black, silver, red rock, rescue green and steel blue

no matter what year you buy!

oil pressure guage, clear freedom panels, better quality plastics and thats all

oh... and a pipe that doesnt keep bursting off the rear wash/wipe and spraying my boot space with washer fluid lol! but thats a minor niggle! lol!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like a ceiling fan and intermittent steering.

Quick Reply: Top ten things you would like to see changed in the Jeep Wrangler