Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trade the Jeep?

Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trade the Jeep?

Have you ever thought about trading off your jeep? I'm really missing the power of a V-8 truck right now. And it'd be nice to have a truck bed to put my motorcycle in, and to be able to tow whatever I want to.

I have an 11 unlimited Rubi. I love it, but I feel that it's kind of the red headed step child around here. A lack of a good programmer that will do everything I want is a large part of it!

I've been kicking the idea around and taking a look online. I guess if I find a kick ass deal on an already lifted Ram or Silverado, then I might pull the trigger.

Just wanted your opinion on if you've thought about trading off your jeep, if you kept it or if you went ahead and traded it.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. In fact when it was time for the tj to go, I test drove tons of options. It didn't matter, I had to have another wrangler and nothing else would do.

You either get it and live it, or you don't. Sounds like you kind of don't, and that's cool. Different strokes.....
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just pickup an older beater truck to haul your bikes and to tow with? It's not like the programmer was gonna make the 3.8 perform like a v8 anyway.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

never thought about it jeeps and trucks are Night and day different if i ever really missed a truck bad enough id get a beater and torture it as necessary and let my jeep watch
Old 05-28-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. When I have something sporty I want a jeep and when I have the jeep I want something sporty. Ive been better with the Jk though. My dualsport motorcycle has helped me resist the urge. I just reall like cars so I'm always looking.

Quick Reply: Trade the Jeep?