Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Trade in my 4dr for a 2dr?

Old 04-14-2017, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've wanted a jeep since I was 16. There weren't 4-doors then. I got a 2 door and love every second of it. I also have a roof rack. If I went anywhere without my kid, I'd pull the back seat too And have plenty of room.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my 2 door, I wouldn't mind getting a roof rack.
whats the best one ?
Old 04-16-2017, 05:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mlbraptor
I love my 2 door, I wouldn't mind getting a roof rack. whats the best one ?
That's a tough one to answer with all the options out there. I have a Garvin. Here is a link to a review I did on it.

https://youtu.be/X6p3Uu4T_vY
Old 04-16-2017, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I traded my 4 door in on my 2 door almost 2 years ago and I love every minute of it. I also have a 3 & 6 year old and do 1,000+ mile trips regularly. DO IT.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks for the input guys

2 dr may seem to be the way to go. No wife and no kids just me and my lab. I'm out of the Marine Corps and in college. I bought the 4 dr because well why not. My mission with it is pretty much just to upgrade it with a lift and misc extras. I love mudding and all that good stuff. Have not done any rock climbing yet but would love to get into it. I think I'm going to go for it. Thanks for all the help. If you all can think of anything else I am all ears. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Also nice video Mark. I noticed an Texas A&M hat in there. I myself am a fellow aggie
Old 04-25-2017, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

in 2012 I wanted a 2 door and my wife said if you get a jeep it better be a 4 door because the kids might want to go (happy wife happy life I got the 4 door in the most basic model only option was hard top and auto) in 2013 I wanted a 2 door rubicon as I got hooked. wife said you can trade but needs to be a 4 door as the kids might want to go (happy wife happy life) so the end of January I need a new t-stat so go to the dealer to pick one up and walk by a 2 door rubicon. it ends up in my garage. So 5000 miles later and a week in Moab. I lifted it with in the first week and headed to Moab the end of February with about 600 miles on it. I am kind of regretting getting the 2 door. I personally think for most of the stuff I do the 4 door is a better wheeler. Way better in Moab which I have been to many times in the 4 door. I did the rubicon trail and dusy ershim in the 4 door and the rubicon would be a toss up the Dusy would favor the 2 door but I wont be doing that again so yea wish I would have kept the 4 door.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Default Four to Two

In Jan 17 I went the opposite way 2 door to 4 door. Needed the room. The upsetting part was how the dealers went about their business taking on trade a pristine 2 door Freedom Edition! They treated it as though it was spoiled goods. It almost killed the transaction until one dealer finally stepped up to where he was supposed to be $$$ wise. They all said the same thing. The 2 door does not hold value as a 4 door does. If you are like some people who will keep the Jeep forever it will not effect you. For all the others, it will.

Quick Reply: Trade in my 4dr for a 2dr?