JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Trouble removing door wire harness (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/trouble-removing-door-wire-harness-270806/)

rydad1 04-07-2013 02:17 PM

Trouble removing door wire harness

Need some help!

I wanted to take the doors off of my 2012 Jk, but I cannot get the damn wiring harness unhooked on either door.

Has anyone else had this issue? I feel like Im going to break it because I'm pulling so hard, even after I flip the little switch on the harness.

71Luber 04-07-2013 02:36 PM

First time is a bitch. Give it a yank.

Brandt 04-07-2013 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by rydad1 (Post 3508168)
Need some help!

I wanted to take the doors off of my 2012 Jk, but I cannot get the damn wiring harness unhooked on either door.

Has anyone else had this issue? I feel like Im going to break it because I'm pulling so hard, even after I flip the little switch on the harness.

Make sure the little red slide thingy is disengaged. Once this is done you should be able to press the button on the bottom and slide it off, if the red thing is in the wrong position you won't be able to press the black button on bottom.

My hands are usually bleeding after I unhook all 4 doors on my jeep.

maine07jk 04-07-2013 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Brandt (Post 3508193)
Make sure the little red slide thingy is disengaged. Once this is done you should be able to press the button on the bottom and slide it off, if the red thing is in the wrong position you won't be able to press the black button on bottom.

What ^^^^he^^^ said.:thumbsup:

Grimmjpr 04-07-2013 03:02 PM

It usually helps if you push the connector together as you push the tab down...then pull apart

blue project 04-08-2013 04:00 AM

Stupid red clips got me the first time.

White Ghost 04-08-2013 05:36 AM

Only also help if you push the connector together then push down the tab to relieve tension off of the tabs

einnybug 04-08-2013 09:59 PM

I had to watch a YouTube video and get a flash light to finally get mine apart. Just keep trying and you'll get it.

phanter 04-08-2013 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Brandt (Post 3508193)

What he said was really right. You must follow this instruction to unhook the door of your Jeep.

red2010rubi 04-09-2013 04:17 AM

I think the first time you realize you realize you have to pull a lot harder than you would think as well :beer: