JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   True talk here! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/true-talk-here-298481/)

SteelBlueOffroading 03-08-2014 09:11 PM

True talk here!

2 Attachment(s)
Okay so I have a 08 Steel Blue JK 6 Speed Manual with a Synergy Stage 2 lift, 35" Kelly Safari TSR's, 17" Fuel Throttle wheels, K&N Cold Air Intake, Yukon 4.88's, and so on! I absolutely love my JK but my dad has recently got a 2005 LJ and man is it nice. Sometimes I wish I would've gotten a TJ or LJ. And I think about trading my JK in on one at times but I don't know if I can let her go.
Do any of you guys ever think about going back to the TJ?

Here's Mine

Attachment 536122

Attachment 536123

jk_sea 03-08-2014 09:34 PM

My father-in-law has an LJ. Neat rig, but when it comes to moderate trails, stock for stock, a 2-door JK crawls circles around it. More ground clearance, more power, cooler hardtop options, better radio, better fuel economy, bigger wheels.

Don't get me wrong, LJ's are wicked cool, but I think the JK is more functional overall. In time, the JK will oxidize into that wizard-cool status that the TJ and LJ have. If you both had the same thing, life would be boring!

pwain 03-09-2014 06:20 AM

Couple of TJs in the extended family. Had I previously owned a TJ, I wouldn't have bought a JK. However I wouldn't think much of going backwards. Much more expensive for the right setup to run 35s and not as many parts currently in production.

Maertz 03-09-2014 06:24 AM

i always wished i would have went older, possibly even back to the yj era. But im to far along to go back now.

Ryan0260 03-09-2014 08:15 AM

The only thing I miss about the TJ is the 4.0. Other than the motor, everything is an improvement. I do like the TJ's, but would never go back to a YJ, they were junk.

madmike232 03-10-2014 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan0260 (Post 3856651)
The only thing I miss about the TJ is the 4.0. Other than the motor, everything is an improvement. I do like the TJ's, but would never go back to a YJ, they were junk.

This... That 4.0 was a game changer, worked just as well with 350000 miles as it did with 1.

scotiez 04-19-2014 10:44 AM

a year and a half a go I traded my 03 TJ in for a car :( Did it for gas mileage. Very bad decision. Last summer and fall I searched and searched and searched for another TJ. Either they were way over priced, POS, or really far away from where I live. I had spotted a couple over 300 miles away and spoke to the dealers about trying to make a deal over the phone so I could just go pick it up. Did not happen so easily. After months of searching I went to the Local Jeep dealership cause they got a LJ in but was smashed on one side. They asked me if I saw the 2010 JK on the lot and they talked me into taking it for a test drive. OMG I fell in love immediately. Even though I feel really bad about trading in my TJ I am so glad I have my JK. It handles and rides so much better then my TJ. I know now after trading one jeep in it will NEVER happen again. So with that all said I think you should keep the JK SteelBlue your rig is great. You've done a great job on it so far. Just KEEP IT. :)

Maertz 04-19-2014 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan0260 (Post 3856651)

im not talking any of that stock stuff... There much easier to do big builds on imo.

onlyone 04-19-2014 09:14 PM

I really liked my TJ but no way would I choose to go back.

71Luber 04-20-2014 05:20 AM

I've never even considered going back to a tj. I loved it, but the jk is worlds better.