Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tuffy Concealed underseat box - JK 2011 2 Door - will it work or send it back?

Old 06-09-2012, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuffy Concealed underseat box - JK 2011 2 Door - will it work or send it back?

I have seen some great posts with pictures on how to install the tuffy underseat concealed carry box. I bought the box from N4x4 and now see the JK 2011 + install instructions require removal of OEM harness holder. This harness holder is under the seat. Some folks seem to say this will be OK if I remove the seat for the install, PITA though.

1) Has anyone done this install with a JK 2 door 2011? worth it?

2) There is a horizontal bar under the front part of the seat, will the box really fit under it? Looks like a no go when I line it up.

3) Will seat still slide forward after install?

4) As part of instructions it seems like something doesn't get reattached... seat belt audible ? Just want to make sure I don't do all this and then have a real safety issue. No ring is fine.

Thanks for you help.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is no problem with the harness under the seat and though it may look like it won't fit without removing the seat - don't. Mine fit easily without seat removal, and I just let the harness hang on top of the box after installation, it never gets in the way and pulling the seat forward or putting it back doesn't hang up with the harness either.
You have to loosen the front two bolts of the driver's seat and I had to add a washer under one side to allow full torque down of the seat bolt without affecting the way the box opened. Not a problem, I love mine and it is used every day.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pastorwug
There is no problem with the harness under the seat and though it may look like it won't fit without removing the seat - don't. Mine fit easily without seat removal, and I just let the harness hang on top of the box after installation, it never gets in the way and pulling the seat forward or putting it back doesn't hang up with the harness either.
You have to loosen the front two bolts of the driver's seat and I had to add a washer under one side to allow full torque down of the seat bolt without affecting the way the box opened. Not a problem, I love mine and it is used every day.
2DR and 4DR are completely different as far as the front seat goes....I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Will not work without major mod of horizontal bar or many spacers. Sold mine on CL, brand new.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone - looks like it is going back

Quick Reply: Tuffy Concealed underseat box - JK 2011 2 Door - will it work or send it back?