Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Two or Four Doors. Which is better?

Old 03-09-2017, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RnR
The 2 doors are a dying breed, I've heard rumors that the new JLs will not even make a 2 door option. Personally, I prefer the 2 door over the 4 because it's just me and my GF riding along. If I had kids and or a dog, the 4 door hands down.

When wheeling in North GA, I've noticed the 2 doors maneuver easier on tight trails.
If they do away with the 2 door, I'll be a sad Jeep owner. You can't just ditch 75 years of legacy based on the last 10. Or they should call it something else.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why in the world would they do away with the 2-door?
I seems that would be like them shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RnR
The 2 doors are a dying breed, I've heard rumors that the new JLs will not even make a 2 door option. Personally, I prefer the 2 door over the 4 because it's just me and my GF riding along. If I had kids and or a dog, the 4 door hands down.

When wheeling in North GA, I've noticed the 2 doors maneuver easier on tight trails.
Based on the article on the front page about the 2 door JL on the homepage, I think that rumor has been debunked (2018 Jeep Wrangler Spotted Broken Down During Testing - JK-Forum).

I own a 2-door, I love it. When we start having kids, we will want a 4-door, simple as that. Both Jeeps look great, as do all Jeeps IMO.

Quick Reply: Two or Four Doors. Which is better?