Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty work went horribly wrong.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

posting to subscribe good luck your situation sux
brianj
Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Super Freak

That bites, sorry to hear about the crapy experience, I'd be sending my 50 cents if I were you to corporate office!!!

My hinges so Iam told too will be covered by warranty, but I'm worries what the dealer will do as well. I've seen a number of post on bedliner and how it looks on the hinges after the fact...at first I liked the hinged to be body color, but now I'm kinda thinking bedliner....nice contrast to the wheels, mirrors ect..
Personal taste, search it here on the forum, might be another option....regardless still report what these clowns did!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webejeepin
That bites, sorry to hear about the crapy experience, I'd be sending my 50 cents if I were you to corporate office!!!

My hinges so Iam told too will be covered by warranty, but I'm worries what the dealer will do as well. I've seen a number of post on bedliner and how it looks on the hinges after the fact...at first I liked the hinged to be body color, but now I'm kinda thinking bedliner....nice contrast to the wheels, mirrors ect..
Personal taste, search it here on the forum, might be another option....regardless still report what these clowns did!!!!
How old is your Jeep webejeepin? I was told the opposite (interested because we are both in Canada).

To the OP = how horrible. I hope they resolve this asap. Make sure to take pictures right away.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened to me at an Infiniti dealership. I dropped my car off before going out of town for business for warranty work. 2 days later I got a text from a friend wondering when I got back into town, because he just saw my car drive past him on the highway at 90+ mph. (I had a highly modified supercharged G37 with custom licence plate). I immediatly called the dealer and asked who was out joy riding my car. They assured me it was in the shop. So I made them tell me what was currently in my center console, then they told me they couldnt located my car at the moment. I told the manager I was filing a police report immediatly for stolen vehicle.

Turns out it was the maintenance manager and a mechanic. They were both fired but the dealership simply gave me their "apologizes" and a 500 dollar dealership credit. I never went back agian.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gypsy

How old is your Jeep webejeepin? I was told the opposite (interested because we are both in Canada).

To the OP = how horrible. I hope they resolve this asap. Make sure to take pictures right away.
Definitely took a lot of pictures of all of what I found. The dealer is the one who pointed out some of the issues that their mechanic found when adjusting my door due to it leaking while raining. Once I get off of work, I'll be getting a quote from a shop I trust, contacting the dealer about it, and contacting the corporate office about the crappy work their shop did.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Happened to me at an Infiniti dealership. I dropped my car off before going out of town for business for warranty work. 2 days later I got a text from a friend wondering when I got back into town, because he just saw my car drive past him on the highway at 90+ mph. (I had a highly modified supercharged G37 with custom licence plate). I immediatly called the dealer and asked who was out joy riding my car. They assured me it was in the shop. So I made them tell me what was currently in my center console, then they told me they couldnt located my car at the moment. I told the manager I was filing a police report immediatly for stolen vehicle.

Turns out it was the maintenance manager and a mechanic. They were both fired but the dealership simply gave me their "apologizes" and a 500 dollar dealership credit. I never went back agian.
Wow that sucks. It's dealers like that, that makes it hard to trust any of them.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Well just to give an update. I going out that my iPod was stolen out of the center console that was locked but they had a key. At the estimator getting it looked at. After this going to the dealer and getting the police involved as well. The body shops corporate office treated me with the upmost respect. The regional manager on the other hand is a complete dick. I've never been so disrespected in my life.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rlfracing
Well just to give an update. I going out that my iPod was stolen out of the center console that was locked but they had a key. At the estimator getting it looked at. After this going to the dealer and getting the police involved as well. The body shops corporate office treated me with the upmost respect. The regional manager on the other hand is a complete dick. I've never been so disrespected in my life.
Throw the book at them! Looks like some people need to be fired and possible some jail time. Hopefully you get reimbursed and then some for troubles they have caused.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Well long story short for all that has happened. The dealer is going to take of the issues that were found on my jeep. They are going to cut me a deal on tires to compensate for the iPod that is missing. I told them tires since I really need tires. So hopefully this time it will be done right.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:32 PM
JK Junkie

Hope it goes better for you second go around. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Warranty work went horribly wrong.