Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wash and detail

Old 10-30-2016, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wash and detail

Does anyone know where there is a good place to get my jeep (with a soft top) washed and detail at a decent rate in San Diego CA ?
Old 11-01-2016, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your driveway?
Old 11-01-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

I have not had any time to wash or detail the jeep in a while. It was starting to look like Sh!t, inside and out. Got an oil change and it came with a complementary "car wash". I asked around to local places, lowest 350 to highest 650. This was a full detail outside and inside. I have all the products, so I will end up doing it myself. Just waiting for the weather to clear. I actually enjoy doing it myself. For a quick wash, i usually hit up a self serve car wash. Then I do the detailing at home and my way.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool
I have not had any time to wash or detail the jeep in a while. It was starting to look like Sh!t, inside and out. Got an oil change and it came with a complementary "car wash". I asked around to local places, lowest 350 to highest 650. This was a full detail outside and inside. I have all the products, so I will end up doing it myself. Just waiting for the weather to clear. I actually enjoy doing it myself. For a quick wash, i usually hit up a self serve car wash. Then I do the detailing at home and my way.

holy crap people pay that much for someone else to just wash and wax their vehicle? I need to change jobs.
Old 11-02-2016, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That is pretty crazy but that SoCal. Out here in you could get the same done for $50, I feel you looked around for a,few minutes. But there is money to be made doing what others can't or won't do.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Da20captain
That is pretty crazy but that SoCal. Out here in you could get the same done for $50, I feel you looked around for a,few minutes. But there is money to be made doing what others can't or won't do.
I would love to pay $50 bucks, heck I would even pay $100. Yeah, i looked around a lot. Ran the jeep topless and door less for about 8 months, Pretty dang dirty on the inside. Plus add the wife/kid and the inside starts looking like the interior of a Greyhound bus!! But your right, people pay out the @$$ here for things like this. It usually takes me about 2 hours to make her look new again.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Tijuana?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in so cal and once after a long camping and wheeling trip I pulled through a full service place in Fountain Valley. They had a special for wash and wax for $75. I asked him to look at my jeep again. It was bad or good based on the trip Thick mud on outside, thick dust inside with wood chips from the camp fire wood stick in the carpet

I was watching the guy with the buffer and he was working hard and could not take it anymore so I went over and told him to stop. There was no way he was getting the scratches out. Gave him a $25 tip and he offered me my $75 bucks back. No way would I take it, they tried hard to make it shine.

That was the last full service wash I did. I don't want to over work anyone like that again.

AMen

Quick Reply: Wash and detail