JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What is this for?

Old 05-16-2019, 02:06 PM
JK Newbie
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is this for?

Can anyone tell me what these hook like devices are on the rear of the soft top frame? What are they used for?
FMJ is offline  
The following users liked this post:
NathanOtis (05-16-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 08:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner
resharp001's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Willow Park, TX
Posts: 4,573
Received 266 Likes on 254 Posts

There is a strap that snaps to the upper part of the frame. When you go to remove the top from the jeep, you want to unsnap that strap, slide it down the pole, and loop it over that hook. If you do not, your spring-assist top will give you an unwelcome surprise.
resharp001 is online now  

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: