Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Tracking down wind noise

Old 08-09-2021, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking down wind noise

Anyone ever had luck tracking down wind noise? Had the new frame put in and I have some spots that I can hear as though wind is coming through. I’ve never experienced anything like this and would love some guidance!

I had one spot near the A frame that I heard this morning… now, after new header seal, I hear more spots. I’m getting really frustrated. Any guidance would be great! Thanks all!
Old 08-10-2021, 08:54 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Baby powder, put a light coating of baby powder on your weatherstripping then drive, when you get back and open the doors, take off top, where ever you put the baby powder, look for “washed out” spots.
doesnt always find it, but it sure finds a bunch of them, helped me when I was working on cars for a living
Old 08-10-2021, 08:57 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

From looking at your posts, you’ve had a lot of trouble since you got it back from the shop, I believe I would take it back and have them do it right

Quick Reply: Tracking down wind noise