Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What the f***!

Old 04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
I definitely left that place wondering if the 'Trail Rated' applique means anything
Just so you know in the future, no, it does not mean anything.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a reasonably clean repair area (engine or whatever) is simple common courtesy. Life is hard. I don't want to make nice people miserable who are doing their jobs.

We own a retail store. Here is a small example of making someone's day harder. One hot summer day when we were extremely busy, a teen age boy and his mother walked past me in the store. The boy had picked something off the counter and was examining it. Then he dropped it onto the floor and started to walk away. I asked him politely to please pick it up and put it onto the counter. He glared at me and said "That's YOUR JOB! That's what you get paid for." He and his mom walked out the door. Yes, it was my job. But I hope they never come into my store again.

Being respectful of others could pay off in the future especially if you ever need a favor. A vehicle mechanic is someone you want to be your friend, not someone who hopes you don't come back again.

Just my HO.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I guess that - " I'm cool because my Jeep get's Muddy" post just backfired big time.
Always remember - your Mechanic at the Stealership is the one who can either recommend Warranty coverage or not to the Service Manager based on his interpretation of the fault.

Last edited by britjk; 04-04-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've worked retail for years (motorcycle shop), we dealt with rude customers and have heard that wonderful "that's why you get paid" I feel your pain, and you never forget customers like that that's for sure!

I've also heard the techs struggle with very muddy quads. One tech said it right,

"Do you wash your a$$ before you go to the doctor"? That sticks in my mind when I go in for service. I want the techs to do a good job on my toy, not be pissed off and have the dealership "stick it to me". I've been on both sides, unfortunately, we only have one dealership within an hour so I have to play nice. I really with there were other options
Old 04-04-2009, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 0259brian
that if they say they are going to fix something dont let the customer here you bitch about doing it. and since its a jeep that will most likely see some mud dont bitch
Old 04-04-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
I think a reasonably clean repair area (engine or whatever) is simple common courtesy. Life is hard. I don't want to make nice people miserable who are doing their jobs.

We own a retail store. Here is a small example of making someone's day harder. One hot summer day when we were extremely busy, a teen age boy and his mother walked past me in the store. The boy had picked something off the counter and was examining it. Then he dropped it onto the floor and started to walk away. I asked him politely to please pick it up and put it onto the counter. He glared at me and said "That's YOUR JOB! That's what you get paid for." He and his mom walked out the door. Yes, it was my job. But I hope they never come into my store again.

Being respectful of others could pay off in the future especially if you ever need a favor. A vehicle mechanic is someone you want to be your friend, not someone who hopes you don't come back again.

Just my HO.
"Hope they never come back?" Hell as soon as that kid dropped it on the floor and the mom did nothing, that's when I would have said to her.....Ok, I'll pic it up, but you'll never be allowed in my store again....!!! Sheesh......and we wonder why little shits grow up to be even bigger shits....THANKS MOM!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by husker_shoe
And we appreciate people like you sir! We get 300" of snow a year here so you can imagine how fun it is working in a shower of melting snow all day long
You guys should use the blow drier from your car wash before servicing. If you don't have one they should get one. Call it a piece of saftey equipment or whatever.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CIJeep
You guys should use the blow drier from your car wash before servicing. If you don't have one they should get one. Call it a piece of saftey equipment or whatever.
I usually try to let things melt for at least an hour before I touch it, but that's not always the case. If you're rig is insanely muddy, I usually wash it off myself and then make it up by charging people extra time for having to do it for them. Some rides are so dirty inside as well that the same applies. If you have to move piles of trash, dog hair, etc to access something inside the car, it's not cool either
Old 04-04-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always try to bring my Jeep in clean. If I can't wash it off then I at least make sure there isn't any debris or mud hanging of the Jeep. My dealer is mod friendly but they do appreciate it when they don't have to do extra work because of owner laziness.

On the other hand there are some things you just can't avoid. If you have to go to the dealer immediately and can't go wash the Jeep off then it's understandable but I would at least apologize up front.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

I try to bring my rig in clean to the dealership. Now they know I go mudding and what not, and normally dont have a problem. But it has come to the point, I have to ask for a specific tech to work on my jeep because the majority of the techs at my dealership are afraid to work on my truck because its lifted. They think bigger tires and they dont know how to fix any problem. I just got into a argument with the dealership because I bring my jeep in to have a unit bearing replaced under warranty. They replaced it. Then I brought my jeep back to get a U joint cap replaced, and the tech refused to work on it and warranty it because of my tires. So they charged me 85 dollars to remove my wheel spacers because of the tech didn't want to work on a lifted vehcile.

Quick Reply: What the f***!