Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What the f***!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberbrain
I try to bring my rig in clean to the dealership. Now they know I go mudding and what not, and normally dont have a problem. But it has come to the point, I have to ask for a specific tech to work on my jeep because the majority of the techs at my dealership are afraid to work on my truck because its lifted. They think bigger tires and they dont know how to fix any problem. I just got into a argument with the dealership because I bring my jeep in to have a unit bearing replaced under warranty. They replaced it. Then I brought my jeep back to get a U joint cap replaced, and the tech refused to work on it and warranty it because of my tires. So they charged me 85 dollars to remove my wheel spacers because of the tech didn't want to work on a lifted vehcile.
i gues i was not clear my jeep was not muddy when it went in you can just tell i used it offroad and was only frustrated that they acted like every thing was fine and they will fix it and they did its just that they bithed after the fact that it was broke due to offroading. it was not due to that they just thought it was.i have been had before where a dealer will act like every thing is fine and n the end stick you with a bill. i was just thinking that due to that trail rated stamp on the fender that if it sees some mud they will not be quick to say they will not cover something. i was just wondering if most people have had good experinces or bad with thier dealers. thanks for the input
Old 04-04-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

i allso bring my jeep in for every maintenace to them and had just had a 15,000 mile maintenace $300 worth of stuff i am trying to go by what they recomend so i dont void the lifetime warranty. you think that this woud show that even though i use my jeep i take care of it
Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

starting to think that if they are going to not cover some stuff i shoud just do it all my self and forget about the lifetime warranty and save for that hemi
Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

by the way thanks to all for thier replys all info is helpfull

Quick Reply: What the f***!