Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What happened to the Jeep wave

Old 05-18-2017, 06:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to the Jeep wave

I owned Wranglers through most of the 90's and into the early 2000's. I'd say close to 80% of other owners waved ( I rarely do first, I react), Just bought an Unlimited and I'd say the number is now around 20%. Not sure that I miss it but its a surprising drop.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by BillinNH
I owned Wranglers through most of the 90's and into the early 2000's. I'd say close to 80% of other owners waved ( I rarely do first, I react), Just bought an Unlimited and I'd say the number is now around 20%. Not sure that I miss it but its a surprising drop.
you answered own question. everyone is waiting for the other smuck to wave first. everyone is afraid to cause a road rage incident by some one thinking the wave was gang sign lol.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Soccer moms in JKUs. That's what happened. Can't wave with one hand on the wheel and the other on the phone.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Going to slip in to my flame retardant jumpsuit before I get absolutely lambasted for saying this, but I’m a bit tired of every single person in a jeep waving at me…..soccer moms and people that obviously drive a jeep, but don’t live any kind of “jeep” lifestyle. Something that may have meant something back in the day is so watered down now. You turn any corner in the DFW are and there are a boatload of wranglers in sight. If someone waves at me and it looks like use their jeep, work on their jeep, or love their jeep in that special way, I’ll reciprocate a wave, but I’m not initiating. That might make me sound like a real a-hole, but at the same time I’ve made it known to anyone and everyone that is remotely around my little area, that if they ever need help with their jeep, if they’re every stranded/stuck someplace, want advice, or anything else, I’m happy to lend a helping hand. I would stop and help any stranger I saw having mechanical issues with their jeep on the side of the road, parking lot, or off road, and I’m happy to support the community…..I just don’t care to wave at every stranger just because they’re in a wrangler.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave at all wranglers and modded XJ's. I get 90% of waves back. The ones that don't wave back are just the clueless and need to take their shiny jeeps back to the stealership and get a Patriot or a Compass. haha
Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Hail2Ale
I wave at all wranglers and modded XJ's. I get 90% of waves back. The ones that don't wave back are just the clueless and need to take their shiny jeeps back to the stealership and get a Patriot or a Compass. haha
Hrm. What's the difference between a non-modded XJ and a non-modded JKU?

I wave at any XJ,CJ,YJ,TJ,LJ,JK,JKU. And I'll talk jeeps with anyone that'll listen.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Here in central NJ most Wrangler drivers wave. I always wave when driving, unless I'm too busy texting.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Here in the Philly burbs most wave. Even soccer moms with a phone in one hand.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phljeeper
Here in the Philly burbs most wave. Even soccer moms with a phone in one hand.
We know waving to those hotties has damn near nothing to do with the jeep.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jedg
Hrm. What's the difference between a non-modded XJ and a non-modded JKU?

I wave at any XJ,CJ,YJ,TJ,LJ,JK,JKU. And I'll talk jeeps with anyone that'll listen.
Nailed it!

Quick Reply: What happened to the Jeep wave