Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What has happened to our community?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Val 2.0
This is probably dumb, but what if we petition Jeep to make/create/promote the more common "Jeep-isms" every time the dealerships sell a new Wrangler? The "Jeep Code" if you will, "Jeep Commandments"...

1. Thou Shall Wave to Other Jeep Wranglers
2. Thou Shall not Wave to Hummers
3. Etc...

I love this!
I completely agree with it though. I bought my first jeep in April of last year. While i was finalizing the paperwork the business manager started telling me about the jeep community and educated me on the jeep wave.

Last edited by ScubaSteve913; 02-12-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I accidentally waved to and older lifted FJ that I mistook for a jeep. I got a wave back from though so i dont feel to stupid.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I love when hear that , I can't tell you how many women drives TJs and they don't wave either But to say the 4dr and women is the problem that's in your head and its hard to tell a 2dr from a 4dr when you are coming head on This comment right here is part of the problem either you wave to all wranglers or don't wave at all , both of you are passing judgement on someone with out even knowing them , they probably thought you was a dick because you didnt wave I wave at every wrangler I pass but I don't look at them to see if they wave back
I'll return a wave from anyone and everyone, but I've learned that it's a waste of time to wave to most stock 4 doors, so therefore, I cut them out. You can think I'm a dick all you want, but that's not going to change a thing.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
I'll return a wave from anyone and everyone, but I've learned that it's a waste of time to wave to most stock 4 doors, so therefore, I cut them out. You can think I'm a dick all you want, but that's not going to change a thing.
So how about you just wave and don't look at them , instead of passing judgement on someone or their vehicle

With your comment like that you should not even waste your precious time waving at anyone at all

Right there is the problem with the wave , not 2dr or 4dr or soccer moms
Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im that guy...i only wave while offroad..to all vehicles offroad, they all wave back. if someone waves i wave back, but i bet everyday on a 5 minute drive to work i pass about 5 jeeps minimum.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
Well even though my stock JKU isn't near as cool as any other jeep on the planet I'll be sure to wave of you're ever in my neck of the woods! Won't be hard to notice your rig being that it looks almost identical to my old ride... It's a shame I get lumped into a big group of "non worthy" people because I have 3 boys I am trying to bring up in the jeep community.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jaker t5
So how about you just wave and don't look at them , instead of passing judgement on someone or their vehicle With your comment like that you should not even waste your precious time waving at anyone at all Right there is the problem with the wave , not 2dr or 4dr or soccer moms
Well, I don't wave to ALL Jeeps, because I don't want to. Free will is a hell of a thing. Also, you seem to be passing quite a bit of judgement yourself. Glass houses and all...
Old 02-12-2014, 04:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by trouty33
Well even though my stock JKU isn't near as cool as any other jeep on the planet I'll be sure to wave of you're ever in my neck of the woods! Won't be hard to notice your rig being that it looks almost identical to my old ride... It's a shame I get lumped into a big group of "non worthy" people because I have 3 boys I am trying to bring up in the jeep community.
And I'd gladly wave back.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was out shoveling the drive way and saw a Jeep go by and instantly threw out a wave. After it passed I realized wtf am I doing!
Old 02-12-2014, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I learned long ago to wave at the Jeep and not the driver. That way, if I don't get a wave back I'm not butt-hurt, and if I do get a wave back, it's a bonus.

Quick Reply: What has happened to our community?