Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What rear bumper and carrier is this???

Old 11-28-2018, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What rear bumper and carrier is this???

Hey gang,

Having some trouble identifying which bumper and carrier this is. See photos.

The carrier looks to be Ace, but I知 not sure if there are knockoffs out there. Bumper? I have no clue. D-rings make me thing smitty but I知 not sure.

Idea of a fair price?

Old 11-29-2018, 06:39 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Based on the tire carrier portion, I'm going to guess that is an older Ace Engineering model. Here is their current offering, and it looks like they've maybe just updated the bumper portion -

ACE JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
Old 11-29-2018, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

I agree 100% and that's what I thought, but the bumper is what's throwing me off.

I can't find any ACE knockoffs out there on the web so I don't know if they exist.

Think it could be an ACE carrier on a diferent bumper?

Either way, in the condition shown, any idea on a fair price?
Old 11-29-2018, 09:14 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I think by the condition of that bumper, it's pretty dang old. I do think it's more likely that could be a very early model before they started cutting their logo in to things. I've not seen a manufacture that I can think of that would sell the carrier portion separately cuz of the way the spindle integrates in to the bumper itself. There's no way that someone fabbed that up IMO, and I also don't think it's some knock off. You could always send Ace the pictures and see if they'd claim it as theirs.

In regards to price....idk, it looks pretty dang rusty and old. That kinda bumper/carrier isn't my cup of tea, but i wouldn't think more than a couple hundred. I can't recall when ACE got up and running, so no clue how old it could be if it was indeed a very early model.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Actually just contacted ACE and they said it was not their bumper but appeared to be their arm that someone modified.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:21 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

well, that is very interesting. I stand corrected. That being the case, I wouldn't touch it. people start modding things like that and it seldom works out well.

Quick Reply: What rear bumper and carrier is this???