Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What are some must have mods to start with?

Old 08-30-2011, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyEng875

Why skip the headers? I'll have money for both.

Do they not really show any gains with the jeeps?
On the 2012s the "header" is built into the head. It just has a pipe bolted to the head.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ranjr
On the 2012s the "header" is built into the head. It just has a pipe bolted to the head.
so there's no way to replace it.. and it's a V6 but only has a "header".. not "headers"?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
I say invest your money towards extra armor and strengthening your axles. A good CB radio if you plan on going on some trails, definitely some recovery gear like straps, snatch block,D-rings and a good winch. If you plan on going to bigger tires right away I say get the ARB air compressor and some a decent set of windshield lights. That's my two cents ,most people neglect some or the basic recovery gear and it always comes I have handy even when you're not the trails, the armor and strengthening is just added insurance to enjoy your JK longer.
Very well put. I would definitely invest in an air compressor befor any flashy lights

Quick Reply: What are some must have mods to start with?