Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What are your opinions

Old 02-21-2019, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are your opinions

Feb 15 i was in an accident an some guy slammed into the side of us. Their insurance is saying some new arms an repair the shock bucket an frame mount an she is good... she is in the shop now but kind of just wanted opinions. What is the likely hood of frame damage and axle being bent?

Last edited by Jeepheraddict; 02-23-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

No, their insurance should cut you a new check for AT LEAST an axle, control arms, shocks, and labor to replace the brackets. I had the exact same damage, and that check was around $4-5k?

You should 100% have your frame checked regardless. Yes, if the brackets and control arms bent, odds are the axle is bent too.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by Jeepheraddict; 02-23-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

You really shouldn't be talking to the other insurance co. Your insurance co should be dealing with them. That's one of the reasons you pay for insurance.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for all feedback

Last edited by Jeepheraddict; 02-23-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepheraddict
Well apparently USAA sucks because they have had no contact with their insurance an has been trying to charge our deductible an make us pay for a car. So it’s been a bit easier just dealing with theirs which is sad
Interesting, it's been a few years but that is the opposite of my dealings with USAA. Makes me wonder if they have some new policies, or if there is something more going on with this situation. But ronjon is right, bump it up higher at USAA, talk to a lawyer, whatever, but don't rely on the other insurance company to be looking out for your best interests.
Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Interesting, it's been a few years but that is the opposite of my dealings with USAA. Makes me wonder if they have some new policies, or if there is something more going on with this situation. But ronjon is right, bump it up higher at USAA, talk to a lawyer, whatever, but don't rely on the other insurance company to be looking out for your best interests.

nothing more going on other party at fault my jeep in shop to be fixed I’ve been with USAA for plenty of years but first I’ve ever had to actually use them. Jeeps being inspected and we’re going from there. Appreciate it

Quick Reply: What are your opinions