Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What's the best brand soft top?

Old 01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my trektop year round and have never had a single issue with temperatures.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never owned any Rampage products but have not heard good things about their soft tops. Straps pulling loose and seams not holding.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am leaning toward the trektop. Is it easier or harder to take up and down as the OEM top? Is it louder or quieter?
Old 01-03-2015, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

I have both and my opinion...

The Trektop seems much quieter than the OEM. I assume because of its shape. If noise is a concern you can get the top in the premium fabric material.

With both tops you have to remove the windows before lowering the top. The difference is with the OEM because of the frame it can be lowered and stowed in the rear. On the Trektop you have to physically remove the top section as there is no framework to fold and stow the material in the Jeep.

I would say both tops are equally easy/difficult to take down. They just do it differently.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bestop is coming out with a new soft top this next year (1st quarter). It is a soft top with hard windows looks sweet. No zippers. Also side windows open and have screens. Might want to check it out. I think trektop pro or something it's called. Look on bestop website. Debuted at sema.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rubicon91
Bestop is coming out with a new soft top this next year (1st quarter). It is a soft top with hard windows looks sweet. No zippers. Also side windows open and have screens. Might want to check it out. I think trektop pro or something it's called. Look on bestop website. Debuted at sema.
Yep TrekTop Pro is right on. To me this one seems like a hybrid top. I cringe to think of the cost....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSkD7iLYbUs
Old 01-04-2015, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw about $1500 by quadratec in another thread.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OH9JK
I have both and my opinion...

The Trektop seems much quieter than the OEM. I assume because of its shape. If noise is a concern you can get the top in the premium fabric material.

With both tops you have to remove the windows before lowering the top. The difference is with the OEM because of the frame it can be lowered and stowed in the rear. On the Trektop you have to physically remove the top section as there is no framework to fold and stow the material in the Jeep.

I would say both tops are equally easy/difficult to take down. They just do it differently.
Excellent. Trektop it is. Thanks folks.

Quick Reply: What's the best brand soft top?