Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

whats the best tire for a jk and comfterble ? size? 35 or 37 what do u guys recomend?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best tire for a jk and comfterble ? size? 35 or 37 what do u guys recomend?

i need tires i have firestone destination 35 right now but im undecided if i wanna go bigger and i wanna know what tire has a good ridding quality ,firestone destination suck on the road too stiff ,but off road i fill there good but idk what are the bad and good things of going with a bigger tire i heard from rebel offroad that trail grapplers are good but idk i want oppinions before i buy
Old 11-15-2013, 02:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

35 is the best size if you don't want to invest in building your rig for 37s. Trail Grapplers are awesome tires, but very heavy. Ultimately you need to decide what you want to do with your rig and then you will get better suggestions on tires.

But, for 37s you'll need either more lift and/or more cutting than needed for 35s, more bump stop, truss/sleeve your axle, weld on c gussets, and if you haven't done it regearing to maintain good drivability. Over time you will need to replace your ball joints sooner and get better ones like Synergy as well as upgrading steering if necessary. 37s, especially heavier ones like Trail Grapplers, put tons of stress on your front end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IRok Radials. Love em. Daily driver.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

nitto trail grapplers or terra grapplers. cooper sts's are good too.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Why do a lot of you guys say nitto trail grapplers over toyo mts

I say toyo mts
Old 11-16-2013, 01:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Why do a lot of you guys say nitto trail grapplers over toyo mts

I say toyo mts
I've seen both on the trail doing blacks, in mud, etc. Almost all the Toyo guys complain and have troubles. The Trail Grappler crowd perform quite well. I'd add in KM2s and Goodyear MTRs to that crowd as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 11-16-2013, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the Toyo MTs on my past Jeep. Best all around wear, ride, road, and off-road tire I've used.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The round ones....
Your gonna get a hundred different answers. Do a little research and pick what you like.
Loved my mud grapplers but they were a little loud.
Toyos are heavy and they pulled to one side bad.
Running the trail grapplers now. One was so out of round it hops going down the interstate. Have to run it as a spare.
All have there plus and minuses.

Quick Reply: whats the best tire for a jk and comfterble ? size? 35 or 37 what do u guys recomend?